Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Klieman Rumor

Default Re: Comments? Pretty good logic

If we wanted to see what lakes says we can go to his site ourselves. You dont need to help.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Default Re: Coach Klieman Rumor

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Dom Izzo just reported on TV Sports that Gene Taylor just told him that no internal candidate has been offered the job yet.
    I haven't posted in a long time but thanks to the rest of you for your thoughts...here's mine:

Seems to me that if Gene Taylor can duplicate the money paid to Bohl, which shouldn't be a problem, to Chris Klieman, then the questin becomes can Chris equal that as Defensive Coordinator at Wyoming? If the Bohl figure is 250K plus incentives that equal 300K plus, I wonder if Wyoming can match that. Wyoming paying 300K to a coordinator when their head coach's base pay is $750 seems a bit high and out of proportion to me.

Second, if Coach Klieman's long-term intent is becoming a head coach, is his entry to that better here at NDSU or to wait for his opportunity while a D. Coordinator at Wyoming? If he waits at Wyoming, how long does he wait for Coach Boah to retire there? Under that scenario, it seems to be a long time to wait, with no guarantee of becoming a head coach even at that time.

Third, from what Gene Taylor has said to various media outlets, to usurp the normal hiring policy that exists within the state system, (like that which is happening in Grand Forks), requires a sign off by various entities including the President, HR and possibly an OK by the State Board of Education. That's the internal hoops that exist within the state no matter if it's education, highway, social services or otherwise. Filling open positions are all governed by Equal Employment Opportunity Laws (best qualified applicant with the best knowledge, skills and abilities). Yes, it's cumbersome but being in HR myself, it's the law and it certainly applies to employment by and for the state.

Finally, if your Coach Klieman, you're in the cat bird seat. If indeed Craig Bohl has invited you to be the Defensive Coordinator at a BCS school, you have a job going forward. If it takes a few days for Gene Taylor to get approval to speed up the hiring process to make you a formal offer, then you sit and wait and when all the cards are on the table, you can decide which is the better offer, whether that's becoming the head coach of the NDSU program in BCS football or take the opportunity afforded you at Wyoming, whatever benefits it promises...to me, where he is, seems like a good place to be.

Just my thoughts, feel free to tear them apart.
    "Excuses are like armpits, everybody's got 'em and they all stink" Rocky Hager

Lakes is the new HC. This is unconfirmed of course.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heckler_of_the_north View Post
    Hey welcome to bisonville that was twitted and posted on the same thread hours ago.
    How could it be? Izzo just said it. I just wrote this 5 minutes after the 5:20PM sportscast. I was just reporting what was said by Izzo on TONIGHTS NEWSCAST. Sorry!

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    If we wanted to see what lakes says we can go to his site ourselves. You dont need to help.
    It's funny, maybe you should allow lakes logic here, cuz, here texted me bohl was leaving at halftime and he the contract terms were 99% accurate. Again, he could have broke the story but didn't.

but look at what he is hearing.

Klieman will be next head coach, however nothing will be announced publicly because gene Taylor doesn't want to have NDSU and Bohl fighting over remaining assistants and take away the focus from the players.

This could be a neighborhood sandlot situation where Bohl and Klieman as captains.

Bohl picks vigen, stanard cooper burns Riley

Klieman picks Fuchs goeser haug j rich

Taylor then convinces Kramer to stay.
    lakesbison

Best plan versus the bs on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofbeats View Post
    I haven't posted in a long time but thanks to the rest of you for your thoughts...here's mine:

Seems to me that if Gene Taylor can duplicate the money paid to Bohl, which shouldn't be a problem, to Chris Klieman, then the questin becomes can Chris equal that as Defensive Coordinator at Wyoming? If the Bohl figure is 250K plus incentives that equal 300K plus, I wonder if Wyoming can match that. Wyoming paying 300K to a coordinator when their head coach's base pay is $750 seems a bit high and out of proportion to me.

Second, if Coach Klieman's long-term intent is becoming a head coach, is his entry to that better here at NDSU or to wait for his opportunity while a D. Coordinator at Wyoming? If he waits at Wyoming, how long does he wait for Coach Boah to retire there? Under that scenario, it seems to be a long time to wait, with no guarantee of becoming a head coach even at that time.

Third, from what Gene Taylor has said to various media outlets, to usurp the normal hiring policy that exists within the state system, (like that which is happening in Grand Forks), requires a sign off by various entities including the President, HR and possibly an OK by the State Board of Education. That's the internal hoops that exist within the state no matter if it's education, highway, social services or otherwise. Filling open positions are all governed by Equal Employment Opportunity Laws (best qualified applicant with the best knowledge, skills and abilities). Yes, it's cumbersome but being in HR myself, it's the law and it certainly applies to employment by and for the state.

Finally, if your Coach Klieman, you're in the cat bird seat. If indeed Craig Bohl has invited you to be the Defensive Coordinator at a BCS school, you have a job going forward. If it takes a few days for Gene Taylor to get approval to speed up the hiring process to make you a formal offer, then you sit and wait and when all the cards are on the table, you can decide which is the better offer, whether that's becoming the head coach of the NDSU program in BCS football or take the opportunity afforded you at Wyoming, whatever benefits it promises...to me, where he is, seems like a good place to be.

1 thing of major importance Wyoming is NOT a BCS school, they are NOT in a AQ conference for the upcoming playoff, they are NOT getting in the Big 12.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    It's funny, maybe you should allow lakes logic here, cuz, here texted me bohl was leaving at halftime and he the contract terms were 99% accurate. Again, he could have broke the story but didn't.

but look at what he is hearing.

Klieman will be next head coach, however nothing will be announced publicly because gene Taylor doesn't want to have NDSU and Bohl fighting over remaining assistants and take away the focus from the players.

This could be a neighborhood sandlot situation where Bohl and Klieman as captains.

Bohl picks vigen, stanard cooper burns Riley

Klieman picks Fuchs goeser haug j rich

Taylor then convinces Kramer to stay.
    lakesbison

Best plan versus the bs on this board.
    If we were interested it what he has to say we would be over there posting. Only person posting there is lakes. Now go back to being his towel boy.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Careful. You should know better than to mix it up with the group of lakes sycophants.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If we were interested it what he has to say we would be over there posting. Only person posting there is lakes. Now go back to being his towel boy.
    And go back to thinking this is reality.

This probably is the answer. But you want to live in another world.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Dom Izzo just reported on TV Sports that Gene Taylor just told him that no internal candidate has been offered the job yet.

"Excuses are like armpits, everybody's got 'em and they all stink" Rocky Hager