Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Article on ESPN regarding NDSU Recruiting

Default Article on ESPN regarding NDSU Recruiting

This is great to hear.

http://espn.go.com/blog/colleges/fsu...ta-state-bison

Bison in the spotlight The exposure North Dakota State received by having College Gameday in attendance before last Saturday’s 51-0 victory over Delaware State will certainly pay off on the recruiting front. While it’s not easy to track FCS recruiting, the Bison have five known commitments, including two steals out of Nebraska from receiver R.J. Urzendowski (Omaha, Neb./Creighton Prep) and corner Jalen Allison (Papillon, Neb./Papillion-LaVista). Two Big 12 coaches I talked to recently said they have noticed the Bison becoming more aggressive over the six months with recruits in the Midlands that would traditionally end up at places like Colorado State, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State and Minnesota. I can see why with four straight victories over an FBS opponent after wins against Kansas, Kansas State, Minnesota and Colorado State.

Default Re: Article on ESPN regarding NDSU Recruiting

Somebody earlier on another thread was talking about how ESPN seems to pick a school, like Boise St or now apparently us, and they make them media darlings. I didn't give that poster enough credit in my own mind. Because it now appears that somehow we have become a favorite of ESPN. I have seen and heard more about NDSU on ESPN media outlets this year than the last 5 years combined. And since ESPN drives the bus, other media will take notice and start giving us street cred as well, take the cbs poll as an example. What an fantastic time to be a Bison fan!

It could be that kids are realizing that there are many good FCS programs where someone who isn't a 5-star recruit can see lots of playing time early in their career. It's not like scouts won't find players From FCS, or even D-II/D-III who have real NFL potential.

Then again, it might be the Nebraska kids think they will get more wins at NDSU than at UNL.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by MHDBisonfan View Post
    Somebody earlier on another thread was talking about how ESPN seems to pick a school, like Boise St or now apparently us, and they make them media darlings. I didn't give that poster enough credit in my own mind. Because it now appears that somehow we have become a favorite of ESPN. I have seen and heard more about NDSU on ESPN media outlets this year than the last 5 years combined. And since ESPN drives the bus, other media will take notice and start giving us street cred as well, take the cbs poll as an example. What an fantastic time to be a Bison fan!

I agree.
    I got the feeling after Gameday that the true College football fans, which the Gameday hosts all are, really cant wait for a playoff at the FBS level. They have seen how much fun it can be, and how probably determines the true Champion of college Football better than this BCS crap and depending on the rankings!
    So here is the new powerhouse of FCS...NDSU, beating the Minnesota's and Kansas teams..etc, then beating KSU on their own turf???
    So ask why is this happening?
    With fewer scholarships and much less $$ available, how can NDSU be 7-3 against the FBS??

Sure Bohl is a great Coach, but what gives?

What they found is what we call know and love now. The Teamwork and Tradition do mean a lot!!
    But above that I think the fact that FCS teams, get more meaningful games played each year than any FBS team IF, they make the playoffs and win a few playoff games. So NDSU has all this playoff game experience, and oh btw they keep WINNING these games, all the way thru the Championship Games, only to end up at K-State for a game where our Bison starters have played in how many more BIG FB games than have the KSU players!
    Judging by Fowler and Corso's comments during Gameday I really think this was/is the reason they adore NDSU now and the FCS...because of the playoff system that everyone wanted all along?

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    I agree.
    I got the feeling after Gameday that the true College football fans, which the Gameday hosts all are, really cant wait for a playoff at the FBS level. They have seen how much fun it can be, and how probably determines the true Champion of college Football better than this BCS crap and depending on the rankings!
    So here is the new powerhouse of FCS...NDSU, beating the Minnesota's and Kansas teams..etc, then beating KSU on their own turf???
    With fewer scholarships and much less $$ available, how can NDSU be 7-3 against the FBS??

What they found is what we call know and love now. The Teamwork and Tradition do mean a lot!!
    But above that I think the fact that FCS teams, get more meaningful games played each year than any FBS team IF, they make the playoffs and win a few playoff games. So NDSU has all this playoff game experience, and oh btw they keep WINNING these games, all the way thru the Championship Games, only to end up at K-State for a game where our Bison starters have played in how many more BIG FB games than have the KSU players!
    Judging by Fowler and Corso's comments during Gameday I really think this was/is the reason they adore NDSU now and the FCS...because of the playoff system that everyone wanted all along?
    Maybe it's because they got free slices of Sammy's Pizza after the show.

And the following of NDSU fans all across the nation..my God this following is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    I agree.

How very true! The only thing is the FBS 4 team playoff is a farce. An 8 team playoff should have been the start. Too many teams get left out with only 4 teams. I do think the FCS 24 team playoff is way too much. 16 teams was good enough and 20 was pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Maybe it's because they got free slices of Sammy's Pizza after the show.
    Sammy's Pizza > Whatever Mussman can deliver in 30 minutes or less.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by MHDBisonfan View Post
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...210#post769210
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant