Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: What do we know about Ferris State?

Default Re: What do we know about Ferris State?

I'm guessing they will be able to hear just fine for most of the game.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If NDSU wins the coin toss do they defer or recieve? I say recieve, put some points on the board and let them play from behind.
    A human fart can be louder THAN A TUBA, I discovered that at my daughters school concert.

Funny. I seem to remember a bunch of GSU fans saying the noise wouldn't bother them either in their first playoff loss here. Correct me if I a wrong but didn't their coach come out in the presser after that game and say that you can never fully prepare yourself for what the noise is like in the 'dome?

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    If NDSU wins the coin toss do they defer or recieve? I say recieve, put some points on the board and let them play from behind.
    Bohl will defer. Always has, always will. The heart and soul of this team is the defense. Set the tone and let the other team know that it is going to be a long, physical day. Plus, I really like receiving the ball in the 2nd half and seeing if the adjustments at half time worked or if they need to be changed more. Plus, the team seems to find its legs in the 2nd half so coming out and physically dominating on offense can really set the tone for the 2nd half.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

I don't think they have any idea what to expect. The first time they run a play, the first third down; it's like nothing they have ever experienced before. I'm glad they get to play us. They can walk out of here knowing that the competition they face the rest of the year won't be anywhere close to what they were up against. But until that happens, lets go out there and crush 'em!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Regardless of how badly they get beat tomorrow this will help Ferris State over the course of the season. I imagine everyone they play the remainder of the season will seem incredibly slow after
    playing NDSU. The hardest thing for them to get used to will be the NDSU defensive speed. Eight or 9 guys will be swarming the ball carrier. That is something that is very hard to simulate in practice.

I know Tom Izzo the Michigan State basketball coach plays his 5 starters against 8 reserve players when scrimmaging in practice if they are going to play a fast team. I imagine it will seem to Ferris State tomorrow like they are playing against 16 guys instead of 11. Not to mention the dome noise but that's a whole different topic.

What irritates me tremendously about my school is everything is hockey,hockey,hockey at the expense of all their other programs. They have the potential to be a FCS school in football and a mid major in basketball if they would put some money into those programs. It is a school of 15,000 (bigger than Notre Dame) with an excellent academic program and a beautiful
    campus out in the country on the west side of the state. Every year the basketball team plays against Division I schools early in the year and does reasonably well-usually stay within 15 points or so.

I never understood why in 1980 or so they decided to go balls out with only hockey. It is an expensive sport and who the hell watches college hockey except a few diehards in the Northern states ? They aren't making any money really. If they had actual brains for brains instead of fecal matter for brains they would have went independent mid major in basketball. It is a lot easier to outfit 15 guys for hoops as opposed to 30 guys for hockey. They are close to Grand Rapids,Lansing,Flint not too far from Detroit,Chicago and Indiana. They would have had a ton of high school kids in those areas to recruit. Plus name Big 10 programs and MAC programs nearby to compete against on the floor. Their travel expenses wouldn't have been too bad playing mostly nearby schools.

OK - I'm done ranting. I like seeing a school like NDSU do well as they progress up the ranks. I hope maybe something kicks in at Ferris State and they try to do the same thing in
    football and/or basketball.
    I am thinking NDSU is going to have a tough time getting FBS schools to play them now after beating KSU. Think NDSU may be in the Big 12 one day ?

You heard it. "Biggest game of my life."

They will be jacked up to play. Hope our crowd and players are as jacked up as well.

I would like to see us throttle them early so I can watch the Bunnies take it to the UN_ies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris state grad View Post
    Regardless of how badly they get beat tomorrow this will help Ferris State over the course of the season. I imagine everyone they play the remainder of the season will seem incredibly slow after
    playing NDSU. The hardest thing for them to get used to will be the NDSU defensive speed. Eight or 9 guys will be swarming the ball carrier. That is something that is very hard to simulate in practice.

I know Tom Izzo the Michigan State basketball coach plays his 5 starters against 8 reserve players when scrimmaging in practice if they are going to play a fast team. I imagine it will seem to Ferris State tomorrow like they are playing against 16 guys instead of 11. Not to mention the dome noise but that's a whole different topic.

What irritates me tremendously about my school is everything is hockey,hockey,hockey at the expense of all their other programs. They have the potential to be a FCS school in football and a mid major in basketball if they would put some money into those programs. It is a school of 15,000 (bigger than Notre Dame) with an excellent academic program and a beautiful
    campus out in the country on the west side of the state. Every year the basketball team plays against Division I schools early in the year and does reasonably well-usually stay within 15 points or so.

I never understood why in 1980 or so they decided to go balls out with only hockey. It is an expensive sport and who the hell watches college hockey except a few diehards in the Northern states ? They aren't making any money really. If they had actual brains for brains instead of fecal matter for brains they would have went independent mid major in basketball. It is a lot easier to outfit 15 guys for hoops as opposed to 30 guys for hockey. They are close to Grand Rapids,Lansing,Flint not too far from Detroit,Chicago and Indiana. They would have had a ton of high school kids in those areas to recruit. Plus name Big 10 programs and MAC programs nearby to compete against on the floor. Their travel expenses wouldn't have been too bad playing mostly nearby schools.

OK - I'm done ranting. I like seeing a school like NDSU do well as they progress up the ranks. I hope maybe something kicks in at Ferris State and they try to do the same thing in
    I am thinking NDSU is going to have a tough time getting FBS schools to play them now after beating KSU. Think NDSU may be in the Big 12 one day ?
    It would be nice, but not gonna happen.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thanks for giving us an insight on your college.

That's the exact reason that I am glad NDSU doesn't have a hockey team.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Regardless of how badly they get beat tomorrow this will help Ferris State over the course of the season. I imagine everyone they play the remainder of the season will seem incredibly slow after playing NDSU. The hardest thing for them to get used to will be the NDSU defensive speed. Eight or 9 guys will be swarming the ball carrier. That is something that is very hard to simulate in practice.... I am thinking NDSU is going to have a tough time getting FBS schools to play them now after beating KSU. Think NDSU may be in the Big 12 one day ?

Thanks for an intelligent and informative post about Ferris.... always appreciated when fans from opposing teams come forward with helpful perspectives rather than just mindless BS and chest thumping.

Hope your team and fans have a great experience in Fargo (though I also hope that you will be disappointed but not surprised by the final score).