Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another B1G Comment, Another Newspaper Article

Default Re: Another B1G Comment, Another Newspaper Article

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshower View Post
    This idea that bottom feeders should get the boot because they are bad at football is the dumbest thing I has ever read!!! The big ten is more than football, that is something ndsu fans have a tough time with because ndsu is football, football, football. Minnesota has been average to bad for the last 40+ yrs, but the Olympic sports have all had high levels of success. I know bison fans don't care but whatever. Baseball at Minnesota has been pretty good, hockey is usually always good. Indiana has been the worst football program in the conference by the numbers but they are one if the biggest names in college basketball. I could go on and on but you get the point. Football isn't going to make or break a major conference, if they were to boot a school it would have happened already. Ndsu is in a great spot IMO because of the direction I think football is going. There will be the major super conferences and everyone else with 2 very cool playoff systems coming soon. If ndsu was located anywhere other than North Dakota there would be a legit shot of getting into a conference like the big 12 but...

Good luck the rest of the year and congrats on the kstate win, it was a great ending!
    NDSU is the same D1 in all the other sports just like Minnesota. But your right, basketball is huge in the Big 10. Indiana is meh in football but incredible in basketball. Baseball we've actually had some success against you guys which is surprising.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    That's a shocking comment from a Gopher fan....
    Vandy/Kentucky should get kicked out of the sec
    Duke/boston college should get kicked out of the acc
    Kansas should get kicked out of the big 12
    Minnesota/Indiana should get kicked out of the big ten
    Colorado should get the boot
    Etc etc etc
    Ignore the fact that fcs schools don't have the alumni base or the money to be anywhere near these terrible football schools...just kick them out cause they are bad at football!!!

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Obviously, someone needed the purple font. I will be more careful for those folks like you in the future.

That is great that your goofers do so awesome in other sports. You are right. The athletic excellence at Minnesota has been mind boggling.

Quite frankly, you are also right that I don't care. You can't handle someone being facetious and on the same token, you are at our message board spewing your distaste for a crazy comment that takes a crack at your beloved goofers, even though I never once mentioned them. I am quite impressed you took time out to come set me straight since it has been difficult to see specific goofer athletic excellence when bombarded with it from every direction. Maybe there will come a day when your program can give you something more to talk about than what some Bison fan is joking about 190 miles away.
    It has nothing to do with the gophers, it's the idea someone should be kicked out of a conference because they are bad at something, it doesn't make sense. There are so many other factors that are involved. Not just football or athletics, but research/education, branding, money, etc etc. rip on the gophers all u way that doesn't bother me...we deserve it!

You might get a kick out of this. Simply substitute the helmets with K state & Goldy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=sBC5qhT_7wA

I agree with everything posted on this thread. As a Husker fan, I love seeing my team play some of the top FCS schools. I don't see anything wrong with playing teams like NDSU or Eastern Washington. Those are some DAMN good football teams. Why the
    B1G makes such a huge deal out of this, I'll never understand. Look at most of the schedules of SEC teams, they play a lot of weaker OOC schools, and they don't make a big deal out it. I wasn't all that thrilled when Nebraska moved to the B1G. That conference acts like they are superior to everybody else in college football. Great win against K State, I watched, and loved every minute of it. Go Big Red! Go Bison!

It has nothing to do with the gophers, it's the idea someone should be kicked out of a conference because they are bad at something, it doesn't make sense. There are so many other factors that are involved. Not just football or athletics, but research/education, branding, money, etc etc. rip on the gophers all u way that doesn't bother me...we deserve it!
    You really need to pick up on sarcasm.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

All I read was blah, blah, blah, my goofers suck, blah, blah, blah, my goofers suck.

Again, purple f'n font for the first post and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    You really need to pick up on sarcasm.
    I've dealt with enough bison fans to know that most believe the gophers should get kicked out the big ten cause they are bad at football. I think northwestern should get kicked out of the big ten cause they are bad at basketball. South Dakota state has had way more success then the wildcats. Sarcasm

I've dealt with enough bison fans to know that most believe the gophers should get kicked out the big ten cause they are bad at football. I think northwestern should get kicked out of the big ten cause they are bad at basketball. South Dakota state has had way more success then the wildcats. Sarcasm
    I see what you did there. OR DID I??
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

I believe I am a pretty typical Bison fan and the thought of the Gophers being kicked out of the Big 10 because of a lack of football success has never crossed my mind. Actually that sounds ridiculous.