Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Interesting Read on Fox Sports 1 [Businesweek]

Default Re: Interesting Read on Fox Sports 1 [Businesweek]

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    He wasn't a recruited kicker they brought this guy in the week before NDSU game because their other kicker was injured. So he only had a week to learn how to kick field goals which he had never done before. Pretty sure Monken sent him out there as a long shot but really had no other choice other than hail Mary to end zone or fake fg.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    They couldn't kick a field goal all year I believe they were 8 of 22 all year. I didn't remember anything about a injury I thought they just didn't have anybody all year that could hit a field goal. Either way I bet Monken doesn't make the mistake of having someone who can kick a field goal on the team.

With the UFC being on Fox Sports 1, I would imagine they will have a deal done with Dish and DTV by the debut date.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Hockey games are great in person and on TV if you follow. Just disliking hockey because UND plays it is weak. If you like contact sports like football or rugby, then hockey is awesome and you should give it a try. So much better than iffy contact sports like baseball, basketball and soccer. Also too much referee interpretation of what can and can't be done in basketball and soccer and it varys so much from game to game what gets called. Both basketball and soccer are full of flops now to draw calls. At least hockey has it right and the flopper does get sent to the penalty box if it looks like a flop was a possibility. I just like real contact sports and hockey is one of them. Just because most of the younger generation were immersed into soccer because of the perceived safety, soccer mom time to BS and ease to dump the kid off to play right away because anyone can kick a ball doesn't make soccer a better sport.
    Professional soccer players(I'm not talking minor league nonsense like the MLS) are exceptional athletes. Football has flopping too. Soccer has plenty of injuries. Mostly muscle and ligament related. No sport from outside the United States has taken off here, soccer is the closest thing to doing that.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Professional soccer players(I'm not talking minor league nonsense like the MLS) are exceptional athletes. Football has flopping too. Soccer has plenty of injuries. Mostly muscle and ligament related. No sport from outside the United States has taken off here, soccer is the closest thing to doing that.

Not knocking soccer, but the flops are outrageous.

To be sure, I couldn't stand watching English Premier League. "Oh, another nil-nil draw? Hmmm. I think that I will go outside and hit myself on the head with a paving stone rather than watch this again." But World Cup is awesome. It'd be even more awesome if they would inflict corporal punishment on floppers.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

To be sure, I couldn't stand watching English Premier League. "Oh, another nil-nil draw? Hmmm. I think that I will go outside and hit myself on the head with a paving stone rather than watch this again." But World Cup is awesome. It'd be even more awesome if they would inflict corporal punishment on floppers.
    Oh absolutely, no doubt flops are awful. I think it'll start to get better in the next few years. Hard for the refs at times because they have to cover so much ground and so many players.

English Premier is way overhyped because they speak our language. Champions League is the best to watch. Best players in the world, playing with their clubs rather than their country. Big reason Germany and Spain are so good is because so many of their players play on the same club team.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    With the UFC being on Fox Sports 1, I would imagine they will have a deal done with Dish and DTV by the debut date.
    Yeah there's a big UFC card the first night so that's gotta help.

As an aside, why didn't they go for it on that 4th down? I'm glad they didn't but he couldn't even kick extra points.

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    They couldn't kick a field goal all year I believe they were 8 of 22 all year. I didn't remember anything about a injury I thought they just didn't have anybody all year that could hit a field goal. Either way I bet Monken doesn't make the mistake of having someone who can kick a field goal on the team.
    Ah maybe that was it... I know the guy that kicked at NDSU game though was very green!! Thought I read somewhere that kicker had been injured (maybe that was the kicker prior to the one that was replaced by this guy).

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Maybe your FB team needs to start recruiting soccer players if it's so bada$$.
    Maybe a few here and there. Sebastian Volmer of the Patriots played soccer for most of his life. The #5 pick of last years draft has only played football for about 4 years. Thanks to soccer he has great quickness and flexibility for his size.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Maybe a few here and there. Sebastian Volmer of the Patriots played soccer for most of his life. The #5 pick of last years draft has only played football for about 4 years. Thanks to soccer he has great quickness and flexibility for his size.
    Your coach must read this board.....I looked up Rivals soccer recruiting and every single player has an offer from UN_. Ooops, my bad.....correction.....Your coach must have an intern who reads posts on this board out loud to her...I mean him.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Come on, those wet willies can be painful.