Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Espn 3

Default Re: Espn 3

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Move to Alaska/Hawaii is the workaround! :-P. It would take some pretty deep hacking to get this workaround if you didn't want to move!
    Or a military base.

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by onbison09 View Post
    Does anyone know a work-around for Watch ESPN? (How to watch the blacked out stuff)
    I've found nothing other than getting a valid email address from someone who has cable and internet from a WatchESPN provider. If you get someone to log into it on Xbox live or an iPad app, it'll stay logged in for quite awhile.
    "Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; soccer is a gentleman's game played by beasts; football is a beastly game played by beasts."
    - Henry Blaha

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Anything on ESPN and ESPN 2 that starts after 12pm is generally blacked out by ESPN. So you will still have complaints about these two channels. This is the case for Midco users also. For example the NDSU-SDSU summit game was only available in Alaska/Hawaii. The FCS game was only available in MST time zones and west. Generally all the regular season football games were ESPN3 exclusives so those were available just for the record.

My opinion why even put them on ESPN3 if only people in Alaska and Hawaii are going to benefit.
    ESPN3 has changed over the last few years because when it first came out pretty much every college game that was on ESPN and ESPN2 was also on ESPN3. I think they went to the blackout policy to prevent cord cutters from just using ESPN3 to gain ESPN content. The advantage of putting it on ESPN3 though it you can replay it anytime.

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

As much as it pains me to admit it, ESPN3 is a pretty nice platform, particularly if done through an Xbox. It is much, much better than just going through Go Bison for those of us out of state without access to Hoaky media, the non-high def experts.

But, I still want FSN......

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    As much as it pains me to admit it, ESPN3 is a pretty nice platform, particularly if done through an Xbox. It is much, much better than just going through Go Bison for those of us out of state without access to Hoaky media, the non-high def experts.

But, I still want FSN......
    Amen to all of this.

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    Or a military base.
    I could be wrong but it would have to be outside of eastern, central, mountain time generally speaking still as the blackout cutoff is after 12pm for everyone but maybe the military connection is different? Another perk of the military?

ESPN3 is a nice platform when they use it live too. It's nice to watch the replays but if I'm not at home and don't have access to ESPN/ESPN2 TV it would be nice to be able to watch games on ESPN/ESPN2 remotely on the ESPN3/WatchESPN platform.