Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: NIT/CBI/CIT Speculation

Default Re: NIT/CBI/CIT Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    Looking ahead to round two, is Mcallum still out for Lehigh, and is Martinez still suspended/off team for Wyoming? I think NDSU has the easier looking side of the bracket, we should have a better chance than last year.
    Lehigh is still very solid

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBohl View Post
    UND is in the CIT, we are in the CBI. Neither tournament garners much if any recognition but for the team we having coming back next season and the expectations we have, post-season play and making in a run tournament could be very beneficial in my opinion.
    It wont hurt. Maybe if we win a game we can gain some confidence, respect, and hopefully earn a TV game.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Bummer on the NIT, but not surprising. In my opinion, there are three things we need to do with regards to scheduling in order to carry more weight into the postseason. First, we Need to continue building the OOC schedule; it was solid this year and was the reason for the relatively high RPI. Even though we got killed by Minnesota and Indiana, their exceptional SOS pulled our RPI way up. We absolutely MUST stop scheduling reg season games against Mayville St. and Valley City St. Schools like Gonzaga, Butler, and Xavier have built their ooc schedules by scheduling long-term series with comparable programs, and by scheduling two for one home-and-home series with teams on a higher level than them, in which they played on the road twice while receiving only one home game.
    Second, they need to actually beat a team in the RPI top 50.
    Finally, we need to make it our highest priority to upgrade our conference affiliation, preferably to the MVC. Unfortunately, the name "Summit League" defines irony. Because it sits at the bottom, it will be difficult/impossible to improve the Summit, although we should always be looking to do so. The reality is just that better programs are not going to leave superior conferences to join the Summit. There also are not any programs in lateral or inferior (if there are any) conferences that would improve the overall quality of the Summit. I recently heard a media type (sorry, don't remember who) on Jack Michaels' show saying that NDSU will improve fan interest by scheduling old NCC rivals, the likes of St. Cloud and Mankato... WTF!?!?
    the naia teams we play is only to get more home games. if we could replace them with other DI home games we would

Bummer on the NIT, but not surprising. In my opinion, there are three things we need to do with regards to scheduling in order to carry more weight into the postseason. First, we Need to continue building the OOC schedule; it was solid this year and was the reason for the relatively high RPI. Even though we got killed by Minnesota and Indiana, their exceptional SOS pulled our RPI way up. We absolutely MUST stop scheduling reg season games against Mayville St. and Valley City St. Schools like Gonzaga, Butler, and Xavier have built their ooc schedules by scheduling long-term series with comparable programs, and by scheduling two for one home-and-home series with teams on a higher level than them, in which they played on the road twice while receiving only one home game.
    Finally, we need to make it our highest priority to upgrade our conference affiliation, preferably to the MVC. Unfortunately, the name "Summit League" defines irony. Because it sits at the bottom, it will be difficult/impossible to improve the Summit, although we should always be looking to do so. The reality is just that better programs are not going to leave superior conferences to join the Summit. There also are not any programs in lateral or inferior (if there are any) conferences that would improve the overall quality of the Summit. I recently heard a media type (sorry, don't remember who) on Jack Michaels' show saying that NDSU will improve fan interest by scheduling old NCC rivals, the likes of St. Cloud and Mankato... WTF!?!?
    You mean like when Butler played DIII Hanover College and Gonzaga played Lewis and Clark State of the NAIA?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonpride4ever View Post
    You mean like when Butler played DIII Hanover College and Gonzaga played Lewis and Clark State of the NAIA?
    It's also important to note it took several years of Butler winning a game or two in the NCAA tournament to get any kind of team to come to Hinkle. And they have the benefit of being in a major city with a lot of other nearby schools in a historical arena that many other schools would love to play in. The first major opponent I remember was Ohio State when Thad Matta got there. He was a former Butler coach. I think there is a connection to Hanover. They are now sought for the better pre-season tournaments and can get home-and-home with some decent opponents. The A-10 was a huge step up in competition from the Horizon. I think the new Big East will be as good or better but with schools that have more name recognition (Georgetown, Villanova, St. Johns).

Improving conference affiliation isnt something ndsu has any control over. Better conferences arent exactly knocking down ndsu's door.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Would like to see NDSU win at least three games, then this team would have won more games than any team in school history. Not excited about playing Western Michigan again, wanted an opponent we haven't played before but it is definitely a game we can win.

Well, once we've been to back to back national championships or earned a #1 seed in the tourney, then I suppose we'll be able to afford to put anyone on the schedule.

Well, once we've been to back to back national championships or earned a #1 seed in the tourney, then I suppose we'll be able to afford to put anyone on the schedule.
    and thats worked so well for football scheduling
    TRUST THE PROCESS

kalamazoo.......where r u .......why couldnt it be a easier destination would love to go and watch ..........hard place to get to dammit
    TRUST THE PROCESS