Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Dome Attendance

Default Re: Dome Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Agree with Bisonaudit. I believe in a supply and demand economy and that is what this is in its most pure fashion.

I chuckled when you mention stubhub, etc. I refuse to use those sites as they rip you off so bad. I can never believe how naive people are that they pay those prices, when you can buy from ebay for much more reasonable prices. And if you wait until day of game, I have yet to ever be at any game where you can't buy one on the street. I flew my whole family to Seattle for the Vikings game and never bought my tickets until 30 minutes before the game. While some guys were trying to sell me tickets over $250 each for club level seats (including stubhub, etc), I got mine for $175 each. Yes, a bit more than I wanted to spend and over face, but they were great seats and we had a blast.
    And you also took the risk of walking up to the gate and finding out you had fake tickets and were ripped off at 175/per for nothing. Seen it happen in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I completely agree with you.

My point is how naive people are. They think they have to have a ticket before planning to head to a game. StubHub and others feed on this fear then try to scare people saying this is the only way to know you are getting a legit ticket, etc.
    Sure, they're capitalizing on people's risk aversion and the fact that some of their competitors (scalpers) can't advertise their services because they're technically against the law in many places. I've used Stub Hub and I don't think of myself as particularly naive (others may disagree). I see it as paying for convenience, reliability, and certainty. We all perceive and tolerate risks differently and the secondary ticket market has an option for just about everyone.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsfan View Post
    once again, ndsu marketing or alumni should be working with stubhub for its own "ndsu stubhub page:"
    Then stub hub gets 15% from the buyer and 15% from the seller. Ebay only charges the seller. FYI Ebay owns Stubhub.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Then stub hub gets 15% from the buyer and 15% from the seller. Ebay only charges the seller. FYI Ebay owns Stubhub.
    I've always found that funny and I still think ebay is the better spot to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    And you also took the risk of walking up to the gate and finding out you had fake tickets and were ripped off at 175/per for nothing. Seen it happen in Denver.
    I would garner I have saved enough money, at this point, buying from scalpers that I can be ripped off and still be ahead over stub hub. Thus why I see no logic in StubHub. For example, Twins tickets are absolute highway robbery. If you deal with the guys outside of center field a that corner, they will always have premo stuff cheaper. That makes it a no brainer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    SDSU fans taking over our stadium? They had less than 1000 for each game and most were standing room
    Was tongue in cheek about the blue seats syndrome of the regular season... not the actual SDSU game.

I agree but again remodel projects to add capacity opens up a can of worms, just saying it's not as simple as sketching up a plan on a piece of paper and letting loose like you can on a home remodel!

NDSU tickets should be much harder to get next year and probably the year following. IF (hopefully BIG IF) NDSU runs into a bad patch some of those bandwagoners will fall off. I highly doubt all the people that are currently going to the games are die hard fans that will stick it out for an entire 6-5 seaon(s). You cannot foresee this happening, I don't want it to happen, but it could happen and for the Dome they have to take that into account before adding capacity, I don't think they're hurting any because of too little capacity they have plenty for all of their events already. So what is the upside of them adding 400-600 capacity for likely a good chunk of change?

Updated the original post.

NDSU set records in total attendance (2nd in the nation this year) and in average attendance (#6 in the nation, despite the 3 playoff games which generally pull down a team's average.)

It would be nice to have custom and removeble seating in the corners to increase attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    It would be nice to have custom and removeble seating in the corners to increase attendance.
    Cue Gabe in 3...2...1...
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Have you seen the custom removable seating at the BBF for VB games? Most impressive.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."