Page 122 of 230 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2291

Thread: 2013 Recruiting Summary

Default Re: 2013 Recruiting Summary

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I hope a kid like that realizes that we have a tiny senior class, and that more scholarship money will free up next year with the massive junior class graduating. Sounds like a kid that is willing to work for it, which is common from a small town ND kid! Hope he becomes a Bison.
    Me too but its going to be hard to see the field at receiver. If hes lucky he would see the field for 1 year. To say we're loaded is an understatement. What other positions can he play? Good athletes with Bison pride can always be used somewhere.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Me too but its going to be hard to see the field at receiver. If hes lucky he would see the field for 1 year. To say we're loaded is an understatement. What other positions can he play? Good athletes with Bison pride can always be used somewhere.
    Can he play Linebacker?
    A human fart can be louder THAN A TUBA, I discovered that at my daughters school concert.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I could not disagree more with you. While I think we have some talent, our receiving corp has been injured non stop. I like Vraa, Smith and Trevor, but all 3 have had some injuries concerns, not just this year but every year. The rest of the crew is either redshirting or very young. If this kid wants to play WR, I think he will get a chance. WR and TE are very up for grabs in the future. Trust me on that. With that being said, if you are a linebacker and sign with us, you basically go on the 2 deep chart in spring ball. That is barely an exaggeration. Gabe, you flip flop all the time on this stuff. You didn't mention Pierre as a linebacker of need, then you saw he had 9 offers and suddenly you want him the most. He is a high target, and has been for us. These LB's need to decide as we have alot of options. The recent exposure for the program is really paying off. Again...."Trust me."
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by b15on View Post
    Jeff Kolpack
    ‏@FGOSPORTSWRITER
    "NDSU football gets verbal from 6-4, 260-pound defensive tackle Nathan Tanguay of Mukwonago, Wis."

https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/...97390409101312
    I really like what I have found about Tanguay. 5 D-I offers including FBS (Army).

Also of note, 4 of the 5 commits from Wisconsin (Ambrosius, Hahn, Jacobsen, and Tanguay) were named to the Coaches' all-state 1st team!
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I really like what I have found about Tanguay. 5 D-I offers including FBS (Army).

Also of note, 4 of the 5 commits from Wisconsin (Ambrosius, Hahn, Jacobsen, and Tanguay) were named to the Coaches' all-state 1st team!
    It has been a good year to recruit Wisconsin!

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post

Hahn gets rave reviews from our staff. Came to camp as a DE, moved him to LB and he stole the show. Said that if he played LB for his HS he would have been a monster recruit. I love kids that camp here and show their stuff. The other guys are monsters.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I could not disagree more with you. While I think we have some talent, our receiving corp has been injured non stop. I like Vraa, Smith and Trevor, but all 3 have had some injuries concerns, not just this year but every year. The rest of the crew is either redshirting or very young. If this kid wants to play WR, I think he will get a chance. WR and TE are very up for grabs in the future. Trust me on that. With that being said, if you are a linebacker and sign with us, you basically go on the 2 deep chart in spring ball. That is barely an exaggeration. Gabe, you flip flop all the time on this stuff. You didn't mention Pierre as a linebacker of need, then you saw he had 9 offers and suddenly you want him the most. He is a high target, and has been for us. These LB's need to decide as we have alot of options. The recent exposure for the program is really paying off. Again...."Trust me."
    Just look at the projected rosters. It's a numbers game. It has nothing to do with flip flopping. We need linebackers and don't need receivers. In 2014 do we really think Grande is going to beat out all those other guys at receiver? Possible yes but unlikely. We could lose 3 guys and it's going to be tough. Good luck.

On Pierre Tucker? #1 we have a bigger long term need at linebacker and #2 He was on my must get list the day it was announced we visited him. It was only enhanced when I saw he had 9 offers, was 1st team all state, runs a 4.5 at linebacker, and trains as a safety for great coverage skills (which is important in the tampa2, reason grant olson goes out in passing downs and littlejohn goes to middle)

I want the linebacker/safety from Nebraska too but it looks like he will probably be a Husker now. I wanted the best area walkon group of kids (morlock/illies/johs/grande) because I didn't think we had enough scholarships but obviously we had more than I thought. I want both. Odds are we're not going to have enough scholarships to grab Grande and Pierre-Tucker on full rides but if I had to choose, I would take a linebacker based on long term needs.

I will always be high on the local kids. I want them all but you can't take that approach to every player. Now Johs on the other hand probably has a better shot at playing linebacker or safety. Grande isn't going to see the field as a receiver. He would need to find another position or be a dynamic special teamer. That's ok.

Besides: Woods, Dunn, Moody, and Okland are from out own backyard too so it's not like we don't have local talent.

Receiver Corps

Smith (sr)
    Wahlo (sr)
    Woods (rfr)
    Warren (rfr)
    Dee Gray (rfr)
    Perkins (slot) (rfr)
    Vraa (jr but will get a medical redshirt so he's really a sophmore)
    Gebheart (jr)
    Moody (jr)
    Dunn (so)
    Okland (so)
    Grande (fr)

Woods (so)
    Warren (so)
    Dee Gray (so)
    Perkins (slot) (so)
    Vraa (sr but will likely be a jr with medical redshirt)
    Gebheart (sr)
    Moody (sr)
    Dunn (jr)
    Okland (jr)
    Grande (rfr)

Woods (jr)
    Warren (jr)
    Dee Gray (jr)
    Perkins (slot) (jr)
    Vraa (sr medical redshirt)
    Dunn (sr)
    Okland (sr)
    Grande (so)

Woods (sr)
    Warren (sr)
    Dee Gray (sr)
    Perkins (slot) (sr)
    Grande (jr)

LINEBACKER

58 Zach Riopelle LB 6-2 218 Fr. Warren, Minn. (Warren-Alvarado-Oslo HS)
    41 MJ Stumpf LB 6-2 185 Fr. Harvey, N.D. (Harvey H.S.)
    43 Alex LaVoy LB 6-0 218 RFr. Naytahwaush, Minn. (Mahnomen HS)
    36 Joey Sonnenfeld LB 6-3 202 RFr. Maple Grove, Minn. (Osseo HS)
    55 Nick Scoliere LB 6-2 221 RFr. St. Charles, Ill. (Marmion Academy)
    38 Carlton Littlejohn LB 6-1 216 So. Minneapolis, Minn. (North Community HS)
    52 Travis Beck LB 6-0 207 So. Munich, N.D. (Langdon-Munich HS)
    54 Tyler Gefroh LB 6-0 218 So. Grand Forks, N.D. (Red River HS)
    9 Esley Thorton LB 6-3 207 So. Bismarck, N.D. (Bismarck HS)
    44 Antonio Rodgers LB 5-10 221 Jr. North Miami Beach, Fla. (West Hills College)
    34 Grant Olson LB 6-0 223 Jr. Plymouth, Minn. (Wayzata HS)
    48 Logan Hushka LB 6-0 214 Jr. Fargo, N.D. (Shanley HS)
    Last edited by HerdBot; 12-18-2012 at 06:37 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Just get Grande and Johs, pony up some cash, they are part of the stud group NDSU is recruiting. These guys make us better

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    Just get Grande and Johs, pony up some cash, they are part of the stud group NDSU is recruiting. These guys make us better
    Agree as long as we get linebackers. As of now we would only have 5 linebackers for the 2015 season. (6 if you include this years verbals) It's far away but very near. This years recruits will be sophmores and key contributors then. I think Johs could be a great linebacker.

Zach Riopelle LB 6-2 218 Fr. Warren, Minn. (Warren-Alvarado-Oslo HS)
    MJ Stumpf LB 6-2 185 Fr. Harvey, N.D. (Harvey H.S.)
    Alex LaVoy LB 6-0 218 RFr. Naytahwaush, Minn. (Mahnomen HS)
    Joey Sonnenfeld LB 6-3 202 RFr. Maple Grove, Minn. (Osseo HS)
    Nick Scoliere LB 6-2 221 RFr. St. Charles, Ill. (Marmion Academy)

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    "Pony up some cash" huh? You act like we don't have a scholarship limit or something...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.