Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Espn Broadcast

Default Re: Espn Broadcast

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Bisonguy and I go way back... he's just poking some fun at me for good reason.

I do get a kick out of the typo types who think everyone is obsessed with it as them.
    Typos are less the issue than spelling the names wrong. FWIW, mispelling names is taken by many as disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Typos are less the issue than spelling the names wrong. FWIW, mispelling names is taken by many as disrespectful.
    Which is why I said he is poking some fun at me for good reason. I just wish you would just try to be nice for one day on this board. I owned up to it, then you kicked me in the balls just to be a jerk.

Which is why I said he is poking some fun at me for good reason. I just wish you would just try to be nice for one day on this board. I owned up to it, then you kicked me in the balls just to be a jerk.
    It takes 5 seconds to do a little google and be correct with a name spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    It takes 5 seconds to do a little google and be correct with a name spelling.
    Thank you for also kicking me on the balls. I SAID I DESERVED IT. Further, I thought the names were spelled right.....geeze guys, it was a honest mistake and it was not malicious.

I wasn't taking a shot at you. More for Gabe's understanding than anything else. He's the one making smart remarks without knowing the context. If you're so sensitive about it why didn't you say WHY he was poking at you instead of some veiled reference that few people would catch?

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Yeah having an epic game on primetime ESPN with no football competition is a real downer for our program This game will have some major impact over the long term. It's like a million dollar advertisement for our football program that made us look big time. And since it was on ESPN2 during primetime - a large # of people actually saw it!
    California bars had it playing absent patron requests! A few people recognized my jersey as I celebrated afterwards.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I wasn't taking a shot at you. More for Gabe's understanding than anything else. He's the one making smart remarks without knowing the context. If you're so sensitive about it why didn't you say WHY he was poking at you instead of some veiled reference that few people would catch?
    I thought Gabe was smart enough to figure that out. (I have to admit this is changing my persepective a bit.....)

It still felt like a shot at me and perhaps you can think about that, too.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    And 99.9% of them were in ND/MN/GA. The thing that drives me crazy about ESPN is you get zero college exposure about it. When the big time schools play on ESPN there are commercials for their schools. The only thing advertising NDSU is what people see, which is a great sell, and what the announcers say, which was tilted towards GSU. And it would be/is no different if we had games on more regularly. There is very little in pregame, and the second the clock hits 0:00 they are gone. I mean if they could've switched the EWU/SHSU game to ESPNNEWS to show the Kansas/Belmont game they would've. I would rather see us on a cable available channel that you have to search for that showcases the school, where they talk about the teams more than the information the SID's hand you on a spread sheet. Granted I would take Ware talking about what he is actually seeing on the field than Timmerman/Feeney any day. I guess I don't see people lining up to support our program(read donate money/send their kids to NDSU) just because we played 1, now 4 games on ESPN.

And the fact that ESPN hasn't edited the GSU/NDSU and EWU/SHSU games for length shows you where we fall in the pecking order. Those were 2 great games for people who just like to watch football but don't care for either team. But they just show the EWU/SHSU game as is and cut off the end of the game, which would be the same for the NDSU game.

Oh and for ESPN exposure, I suppose being on the top 10 on tuesday was good exposure too? Don't get me wrong, as a bison fan I love having the game on ESPN since I have trouble being able to make games myself, but I highly doubt that non FCS fans watch these games. I love watching football, but haven't watched a non FCS game, but on the same now I will sit and watch almost any NFL game that is on TV.
    We will just have to wait and see what the rating numbers say. I think it will be better than expected. Anyone know when they come out?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Heh, they had the mike in the flute section apparently.
    That's funny, I noticed that too. They sure stood out during on bison.

"We need ESPN exposure....blah blah blah". Great to see this game made sportscenter as a full highlight, oh wait! what? it was only mentioned as a Swope top ten highlight. Nothing else on the game. Maybe i am just bitter because the game was on a Friday and almost had to miss it because of work. I am so glad ESPN2 carried this game and after the game it was on sportscenter.