Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs. UND, Tuesday 9/9 7:00

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs. UND, Tuesday 9/9 7:00

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    What is our record under this coach. I know we lost to UND last year, but did we otherwise do anything?! Too lazy to research but my memory says we did horseshit. Help???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last year we won the Summit League Championship and were 26-9 overall but I believe these girls were still Hinterstocker's recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    If we have fewer players than total scholarships available that goes back to the coaching staff IMO right now.
    Isn't that akin to saving timeouts to never use them?

Quote Originally Posted by loudsilverado View Post
    ButFootball, there, I said it.
    And don't you feel better now?

If not, you could always add in "it's just non-conference" or "it was their Super Bowl, we had nothing to play for". Those tend to serve as aloe on the singed regions also.

I will amend my previous statement: You guys miss Lopez ... and Eric Whatshisnamer.

Good greif, some of you make me embarrassed to support the same school. Our coach should be fired? I am sure that because we lost to UND, some can't take it.

Here is reality...

We graduated the last four Summit League POYs.
    Coach is the reigning Summit League Coach of the Year.
    In her first full season in 2011, NDSU had it's highest ranking in school history.

Now we should blame her for everything that is going wrong? So we can give her awards when she wins with Hinterstocker's stars but we should fire her when she loses with his duds before even having the opportunity to fix the situation she was dealt? Step back from the ledge, this wasn't a bad hire!

I get it, we shouldn't lose to UND, but quit piling on a really solid young coach just because we lost to a rival.

Quote Originally Posted by 80ALUM View Post
    Are you guys for real? I've known many players on various teams for UND. Never felt a need to cheer for UND ever and never will.
    Never said I was cheering for UND. I just can't make myself go into orbit over losing a match to a better team. I also don't mind seeing a local kid succeed.

Those calling for coaches heads and AD firing need to sack up and put YOUR NAME to the comments. Charlie did.

I didn't like the Kari hire from the start. I thought we had something special with Hinterstocker and I think anyone this program hired wouldn't have been able to live up to his expectations. I thought Kari was a "safe" hire for Dorn, but Hinterstocker had this program and the girls that deserved a proven legitimate D1 coach with credentials. Kari's credentials were under a brillinat young coach. Hinterstocker was a first assistant that helped Alabama and Wisconsin Green Bay turn their programs around and into the NCAA tournaments for the first time. The dude was a huge part of why and saw how to run a first rate program when he was hired.

IMHO NDSU deserved to have someone who wasn't only a great volleyball mind but knew how to run a program. The coaching staff doesn't even have enough kids to play 6 on 6 or gameplay in practice. That's not good.

Still, I don't think firing Kari is going to solve anything at this point. The program has some question marks because of the transition, Kari was hired because she could allegedly keep rolling with not much change, but it has changed, and she is going to need to fix it quick. Let's see if she can build something back up. She does have a great volleyball mind. SHe's learning how to run a program. She needs to be much better in recruiting. The program is in a rough situation right now. We are "rebuilding" with a senior setter, which is NOT a good thing. We have what, 1 recruit coming in? That's it? I don't even know.

As far as the team is concerned, it just isn't very good. UND is having a down year too, and they really took it too us. There is no true leader on the court. If you looked closely you could see this coming from last year. They had some players on the team last year who were out of volleyball for some time, because they needed to fill a roster. That should NEVER happen at a mid major program on the rise like NDSU was. Never.

IMHO there needs to be something to be excited about before the end of next season. As far as Lynn Dorngoes, she should have been fired a long time ago. I will never understand how a Division 1 class institution like NDSU continues to allow someone like Lynn Dorn, with all her past 'controversys', represent NDSU. It's sad. She isn't even good at her job, considering where the women's sports are at.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So what we lose a volleyball match life moves on... still doesn't change that NDSU is better than UND.

Look into your own personal crystal ball. Look ahead 2 or 3 years.
    What do you see?
    What is the *talent level* of that team?
    Are they in the upper echelon of the Summit? Mid pack? Lower?
    How has recruiting done in those years?
    How many players on the team?
    Do we still have the same coach?
    Is that future team going up, down, or sideways vs. the rest of the Summit?

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I didn't like the Kari hire from the start. I thought we had something special with Hinterstocker and I think anyone this program hired wouldn't have been able to live up to his expectations. I thought Kari was a "safe" hire for Dorn, but Hinterstocker had this program and the girls that deserved a proven legitimate D1 coach with credentials. Kari's credentials were under a brillinat young coach. Hinterstocker was a first assistant that helped Alabama and Wisconsin Green Bay turn their programs around and into the NCAA tournaments for the first time. The dude was a huge part of why and saw how to run a first rate program when he was hired.

IMHO NDSU deserved to have someone who wasn't only a great volleyball mind but knew how to run a program. The coaching staff doesn't even have enough kids to play 6 on 6 or gameplay in practice. That's not good.

Still, I don't think firing Kari is going to solve anything at this point. The program has some question marks because of the transition, Kari was hired because she could allegedly keep rolling with not much change, but it has changed, and she is going to need to fix it quick. Let's see if she can build something back up. She does have a great volleyball mind. SHe's learning how to run a program. She needs to be much better in recruiting. The program is in a rough situation right now. We are "rebuilding" with a senior setter, which is NOT a good thing. We have what, 1 recruit coming in? That's it? I don't even know.

As far as the team is concerned, it just isn't very good. UND is having a down year too, and they really took it too us. There is no true leader on the court. If you looked closely you could see this coming from last year. They had some players on the team last year who were out of volleyball for some time, because they needed to fill a roster. That should NEVER happen at a mid major program on the rise like NDSU was. Never.

IMHO there needs to be something to be excited about before the end of next season. As far as Lynn Dorngoes, she should have been fired a long time ago. I will never understand how a Division 1 class institution like NDSU continues to allow someone like Lynn Dorn, with all her past 'controversys', represent NDSU. It's sad. She isn't even good at her job, considering where the women's sports are at.
    Very well put. And what's sad is Volleyball gets mega support from the fans and has a top notch facility. How many women's volleyball teams have billboards and a game on the radio? Fans deserve better. Seriously - it starts with Dorn. She's the one who hired a coach who can't recruit. Besides softball, she hasn't done shit and is running the program like we're D2. We're now 2nd rate to SDSU and UND in womens basketball and volleyball. Yeah I hear the excuses... basketball arena sucks. Hmm... well then how did we recruit the fab 5 and make the big dance? We don't have money. Well then recruit the best players in your back yard. It worked before. You can learn a lot from history. (recent and old)

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    We're now 2nd rate to SDSU and UND in womens basketball and volleyball.
    2nd rate to SDSU and UND in volleyball??? A few head-to-head losses wipe out the 4 straight conference championships and 3 NCAA tourney appearances in the last 4 years compared to absolutely nothing accomplished by either SDSU or UND in volleyball, besides finally beating the Bison?