Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl on crowd noise and Youngstown audibles

Default Re: Bohl on crowd noise and Youngstown audibles

Quote Originally Posted by ysu622007 View Post
    From what I've seen from YSU this year, the majority of our audibles come from the sideline with nonverbal signals after the OC sees how the D is set (audibled on almost every play against Pitt). Hess and the other skill position players will get the call visually and Hess will let the linemen know the protection verbally. YSU has played in East Lansing and State College since wolford took the reins so I think they'll be able to deal with the noise when it comes to getting the play set. I would still like to see them put in a silent count though because false starts could be a problem if you guys have it rocking.
    I know you'll never believe this, but it is quite possible that the dome is louder than those venues due to the roof. Last years game was not typical of an energized crowd in the Fargodome. I'm guessing the Penguins will deal relatively well with the noise due to the fact that they have played in hostile environments before.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My ears rang for 2 days from the GSU game.

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    My ears rang for 2 days from the GSU game.

I am wearing protection (ear plugs) so I don't have to deal with that.

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can't they just hand signal everything? I know that I have seen Brock hand singaling to Smith a few times this year.

Teams practice with the silent count all the time, especially teams coming to the dome. But when it comes to the actual game, the online can sill jump from not hearing or seeing the snap. I think if we can get the crowd close to playoff decibels, it will make things difficult. It's time for all those new season ticket holders and diehards to show the new era of fan loudness.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Teams practice with the silent count all the time, especially teams coming to the dome. But when it comes to the actual game, the online can sill jump from not hearing or seeing the snap. I think if we can get the crowd close to playoff decibels, it will make things difficult. It's time for all those new season ticket holders and diehards to show the new era of fan loudness.

Herro Roudness!!!

Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

I can't remember if it was the Metrodome or the Edward Jones dome where they showed a decibel meter on the video screens and it did get louder when they were up there.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    How about this...

Link a decibel meter to a system that drops parachutes with airline bottles of Jack into the crowd as the volume increases.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I can't remember if it was the Metrodome or the Edward Jones dome where they showed a decibel meter on the video screens and it did get louder when they were up there.
    I remember my father telling the story of when he went to game 6 and 7 in the metrodome for the twins in the 1987 world series. He said they had a decibel meter that they broke from all the noise. I guess I don't know what the official level was that pushed it over the edge but that's still pretty impressive. Not sure if this may have been what you were referring to but I'll at least affirm the metrodome has had decibel meters in there before based on that story.

The Hearnes Center at Missouri had digital readouts in the corners by the court. Pretty much always above 100.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

You can't consistently operate at peek performance if the decibel level is as loud as a rock concert. It's hard to work like that. Be loud! We can make life tough and have an effect on the game. It doesn't matter if USC came in here, it would be ard to deal with.

Go Bison!!