Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Interesting Debate

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Interesting Debate

Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    The 1986 Bison team is the best we've ever had, no doubt CAS. No way our 2011 Offense could have scored more than 1 TD on them.
    Yep, the 86 team was dominant! Avereaged 41.5 ppg while giving up 6.7 ppg going 13-0!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Yep, the 86 team was dominant! Avereaged 41.5 ppg while giving up 6.7 ppg going 13-0!
    How much of the dominance had to do with poor competition? I wasn't old enough to watch those games, so I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    We coulda/shoulda/woulda'ed our way into losing to a Minnesota team that blew a 30-some point lead to Texas Tech in a bowl game. The '06 team was better in my opinion. Plus the '07 team had to get lucky on a couple trips in California. After the '07 Minnesota game, it seemed like the team played either A.) like they were sleepwalking until the 4th quarter, and/or B.) was pretty dinged up. And Roehl's senior season was '08. Real unfortunate he had to play during the Merten's Administration.
    There was ONE California comeback in both '06 (Davis) and '07 (Poly).

Your fact checking sucks

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    There was ONE California comeback in both '06 (Davis) and '07 (Poly).

Your fact checking sucks
    Sam Houston wasn't a comeback?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Sam Houston wasn't a comeback?

It wasn't in California, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    It wasn't in California, was it?
    Ah, missed the California qualifier

Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison06 View Post
    How much of the dominance had to do with poor competition? I wasn't old enough to watch those games, so I have no idea.
    Rocky and the Georgia Southern coach from the 80's when GS was winning NC's watched several game films of our 86 and 88 teams and GS coach stated: "I don't think we could have handled you guys". Also, when Solomonsen left for Montana State he was asked if he would schedule us. His response as quoted by the Forum: "I don't think we are ready for that yet", and MSU had won a NC just a few years earlier. We also tried to schedule UNI for 88 season down there and they declined. We probably didn't have the depth of our recent teams, but I would put the starters on the same field with any of the recent teams any Saturday.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Tough to compare teams two and a half decades apart imho. How do you suppose the 86' D line would have handled any recent Bison OL 2004-2012? I don't have access to the 86' roster and I don't remember their playing weights but I suppose the weight difference would be fairly significant. I just don't see how they would have handled guys like Buckman, Richard, Safe, Cornick, Foster etc. I also don't see how a one dimensional rushing attack would do anything against the 2012 defense. 2012 team is too big, too fast, too much depth, too well conditioned and too well coached to get beat by any 80's or the 1990 Bison team imho. Again this is just my armchair opinion with no disrespect to any Bison player or coach.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    It's not accurate at all. Not even worthy of a discussion.

Wisconsin(2011) wins 36 of 100 matchups against North Dakota St.(2011)
    Wisconsin(2011) wins 96 of 100 matchups against North Dakota(2011)
    North Dakota St.(2011) wins 16 of 100 matchups against North Dakota(2011)

Bison at the Alerus Center
    North Dakota St.(2011) wins 94 of 100 matchups against North Dakota(2011)

Bison at the Dome
    North Dakota St.(2011) wins 16 of 100 matchups against North Dakota(2011)

Makes no sense..
    It says we beat Minnesoa 38% of the time but only beat Colorado State 9% of the time in 2011.
    Minnesota(2011) wins 73 of 100 matchups against Colorado St.(2011)

Comical...
    North Dakota St.(2011) wins 35 of 100 matchups against Lehigh(2011)
    North Dakota St.(2011) wins 35 of 100 matchups against Sam Houston State (2011)

Realistic...
    North Dakota St.(2011) wins 100 of 100 matchups against Lafayette(2011)
    North Dakota St.(2011) wins 63 of 100 matchups against Georgia Southern(2011)
    As the creator of this simulation, and site, you're incorrect saying the ratings and results aren't accurate or not worthy of a discussion. I just ran some of the simulations that you've posted, including Wisconsin vs N. Dakota St and didn't get any of the results you listed. I would suggest running thousand's of games when comparing two teams before bashing it.

After that, if you are still getting results that don't seem realistic maybe I made a mistake inputting a ranking and I can correct a certain team. However saying that it's not worthy of discussion is inaccurate. My rankings are among the best in the country and are the driving force behind these simulations.

I stumbled across this thread and just wanted to set the record straight. Here's what my numbers "actually" suggest what would happen if N. Dakota St played Wisconsin from 2011. (Margin about 25-30 points at Wisconsin)

http://www.nationalsportsrankings.co...ne&magic=79125

Like I said, I may have made a mistake inputting a team into the database or ranking a certain team. However stating that my simulation or rankings are not accurate or not being worthy of a discussion is close minded and wrong.

I don't expect everyone to agree with every "suggested" outcome especially when comparing teams from different years and era's, I just don't think it's open minded to dismiss the outcomes as inaccurate either.

Glad I found this thread. I've been asked on many different platforms about my site and the thing I always say is "it's not perfect, but it's a great conversation starter".

Any suggestions or ideas for the site is always appreciated, also I don't mind constructive criticism either, I just have a hard time when someone dismisses the work I've done as not worthy of a discussion.