Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Seat: Welcome Saul Phillips

Default Re: Hot Seat: Welcome Saul Phillips

Yes the 09 players were not Sauls recruits and he had a ton of talent to work with, but if I remember right I do not recall seeing Tim Miles sitting/standing on the sidelines during the Summit League championship when they were down by 20 yelling at woodside and company to pick it up. Saul can coach (IMO) and nobody is perfect (even Coach K at Duke has had "down" years). Did he do enough tonight who knows (I think call TO after the dunk would have helped some)? I've notice Saul has gotten more "aggressive" the last couple years and is willing to get into refs faces (to the point of egging the fans on in booing the refs that has to be pretty close to suspension actions in the League's eyes). I do not like coaches who rag on their players all the time (ie Ron Hunter/Kampe) although it's entertaining to watch as an opposing fan, and not that they don't get the job done, you have to have the players who can handle that in your system and if Saul switched coaching styles (not to mention most coaching styles come from personality traits and that just isn't Saul's personality) mid season you don't think that would have a negative effect on the players who have gotten to know him as someone else for 2-3 years (or more) prior to that?

Quote Originally Posted by ad guy View Post
    Wow, glad we have great fans. This is unbelieveable, maybe you should watch more than two games in two years before you judge a coach. This was our worst performance all year, x2. Saul doesn't shoot, pass or rebound the ball. The players didn't make it happen tonight. Worst shooting night of the year, bad game to have it. You so called Bison fans need shut the hell up.
    +++++++++++

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heymch86 View Post
    It's not just this game. It's been his whole tenure. He has done nothing to impress me or capitalize on a NCAA tourney bid in 09. This is just the start. People will now start to keep track. Like i said, he will be our head coach next season, but he better start doing something by the end of the 2012-13 season.
    Hey genius what would you do differently?

Well, this is embarrassing.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I'll let you in on a little secret...since Woodside graduated the only Miles recruit worth a crap was Tveidt. Carlson hasn't done much for almost a season and a half, Saul has rebuilt the entire program and we now have an exciting young core. If you watched games and followed the team you would know that.

Look at the POS facility he gets to recruit with, this team is 13-5 and starting all underclassmen and here we are calling out Saul.
    Come on, this isn't about a facility. This about an individual who can maybe recruit, but can't coach! There are many examples out there in NCAA where someone can woo the players to their program, but can't seal the deal on games. Yes, we are doing fine in the Summit. However, this will turn UGLY if we play like this against ANY Summit team. You don't fire players........you fire the coach. Just saying.

Saul sure as hell should not be canned......or be on the hotseat. But, I have to say I am scratching my head a bit. Some of this just makes me ponder a little.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I'll let you in on a little secret...since Woodside graduated the only Miles recruit worth a crap was Tveidt. Carlson hasn't done much for almost a season and a half, Saul has rebuilt the entire program and we now have an exciting young core. If you watched games and followed the team you would know that.

Look at the POS facility he gets to recruit with, this team is 13-5 and starting all underclassmen and here we are calling out Saul.
    You can't just say its a blanket statement that Miles only had one other decent recruit...with 5 kids redshirting, did he even have much time to recruit before he was already moving on to CSU? He left before he even enjoyed the fruits of his labor to the fullest extent.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Can some of the experts PLEASE tell me why the hell we can't run an out of bound play. Every other team can.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Saul sure as hell should not be canned......or be on the hotseat. But, I have to say I am scratching my head a bit. Some of this just makes me ponder a little.
    Roy Williams shouldn't have let North Carolina get destroyed by Florida State either. Basketball teams lose games people, it happens, and we lost one that makes the fans upset. That's the joy and agony of sports. Embrace it, because this team will give us reason to cheer yet.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Hey genius what would you do differently?
    If I knew, I'd certainly throw my resume at Gene Taylor. I wish I was compensated to make those decisions. I hope NDSU finds someone who can.