Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dallas?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dallas?

Quote Originally Posted by DFWfootballfan View Post
    def go visit 6th floor museum. Also a few other recommendations are taking a tour of Texas Stadium aka Jerryworld. Its worth the price to take the tour and it lasts a while. Also the Gaylord Texan is a very nice huge resort thats worth seeing. Downtown Ft Worth is very nice and not far from there is the Ft Worth stockyards with many restaurants.

you will find lots, its just not all in one area because its so spread out. I also recommend seeing the Mavericks or Stars if they are in town.
    A fellow NDSU grad took me to Joe T. Garcia's when I was in DFW for meetings this Fall. I highly recommend it for good Tex Mex. It's located north of downtown Fort Worth near the stockyards.

Joe T. Garcias gets a thumbs up from me as well.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Vitojr130 View Post
    Haha The sad thing is that my 21st is at the end of January and not the beginning. I already plan on "bending a few rules" at the hotel (because the bars are out of the question), but I was more-so wondering about places to see and amusement parks and the like. I was indeed thinking about the JFK memorial, but I'm not sure yet.
    The JFK memorial at the Texas School Book Depository (The 6th Floor) is the most incredible museum experience I've ever had. GO THERE!
    And, don't skimp. Get the audio guide headphones. I went with three other guys and all of us left the tour and couldn't really even talk. It's that powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    The JFK memorial at the Texas School Book Depository (The 6th Floor) is the most incredible museum experience I've ever had. GO THERE!
    And, don't skimp. Get the audio guide headphones. I went with three other guys and all of us left the tour and couldn't really even talk. It's that powerful.
    Doesn't surprise me. I stood by you at tailgaiting for a few hours and you didn't have much to say then either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Doesn't surprise me. I stood by you at tailgaiting for a few hours and you didn't have much to say then either.
    I think he was busy concentrating on staying upright.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    The Holocaust museum is right by there and is pretty good.

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I think he was busy concentrating on staying upright.
    Since I started my "waif model diet", I've had trouble holding my liquor* (*TWSS).
    In fact, I've lost so much weight that if I stand sideways, you can't even see me. And I always used to think that that was just a silly myth.