Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pizza Hut Park Photo

Default Re: Pizza Hut Park Photo

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4ever56 View Post
    Does anyone know the capacity of the stadium? I have heard different numbers, from 20K to 100K. However, looking at the picture, it looks more like 20K. If that is the case, shame on the NCAA for hosting a championship game in a stadium with inadequate seating.
    A lot of empty seats in the stadium last year.

I think this should quell a lot of fears about not being able to get tickets. I think you'll be able to get tickets on game day.

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    A lot of empty seats in the stadium last year.

I think this should quell a lot of fears about not being able to get tickets. I think you'll be able to get tickets on game day.
    last year's game had a team from the east coast (who has a traveling fan base) and from the northwest (who doesn't have fans). this year they've got a fan base that travels very well and a team from a few hours away. this one will be close to a sellout I think.

If you trust Wikipedia, the last 3 App State championship games (2005- 2007) had over 20,000 fans and the average attendance the last 10 years has been over 16,000 fans.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Couldn't they put some bleacher seating in the open end of the horseshoe to add 1K to 2K more if for some reason the 21K of seats sell out? Seems like that would be possible.
    Love the big colorful painted DI championship artwork at midfield. This is a vast improvement over the typical puny light blue stick man the NCAA has recently used. Hope a big colorful one is done again for this year. Makes this game look like a big time bowl game on TV.
    Other than limited seating for a big draw game like this (this game could have demand as high as 25K) I despise having to play at a soccer field no matter how nice (damn European football). Also notice the large set back behind the team bench area. Fans are farther away because the place is set up for soccer.
    After what happened at the Super Bowl last year I don't see anyone in Dallas adding temporary seating on short notice.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    After what happened at the Super Bowl last year I don't see anyone in Dallas adding temporary seating on short notice.
    Don't recall, what happened last year?

Seat shortage

Sold more tickets than they had seats because I believe some of the temp seating either didn't get installed or installed properly so they couldn't be used.

Here's a recap.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/06/la...-enough-seats/
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!