Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Greetings from a Georgia Southerner!

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Greetings from a Georgia Southerner!

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    This part stuck out for me: Football in the South starts with Alabama
    yes sir 4mcrue.

NDSU 31
    GSU 20

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by sdbison View Post
    sorry the dick was the person who started this thread. The title sounds good, but then this gsu fan goes into a 1000 plus word rant about the south, gsu and alabama. Thats not enough so another long post is added. Sorry to disagree, but nobody asked for all those details. Might have been ok if through several questions by bison fans the same info was posted. Kind of arrogant is an understatement. Any bison fan doing the same on another messageboard would have been made fun of at bisonville.
    how dare him!!!

I can appreciate the tradition of success at GSU almost as much as I appreciate the long history of Bison championship football.

I doubt we are an anomaly since the 2007 team (still in our transition to Division I) only had one loss and we are the only other team (besides GSU) to play in the quartfinals the last 2 years. I know it must be hard for some to realize that those "new guys" from up north are one of the power teams in the FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by DaltonLegalEagle View Post
    It's a shame that you can neither read, nor interpret English. I am hopeful that other Bison will appreciate a little knowledge about their upcoming opponent and their program. I am certainly impressed with the storied history of North Dakota State, but remain optimistic that you are an anomaly.
    It's OK to not be OK.

I am seemingly in the minority, but I greatly enjoyed learning more about the history and current state of our opponent this weekend. It's disappointing that there are so many bisonvillers who feel the need to insult the OP for posting relevant information about our opponent this coming weekend and information that many of us actually want to read.

Can't stand to read anything past 160 characters or from an opposing fan? Try ignoring it

Go Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisondan View Post
    I am seemingly in the minority, but I greatly enjoyed learning more about the history and current state of our opponent this weekend. It's disappointing that there are so many bisonvillers who feel the need to insult the OP for posting relevant information about our opponent this coming weekend and information that many of us actually want to read.

Can't stand to read anything past 160 characters or from an opposing fan? Try ignoring it

Go Bison!
    STFU Newb, have some respect for BV

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Quote Originally Posted by westriver bison View Post
    A short true story of Bison lore as relayed to me by a member of NDSU's first small college national championship team in 1965. They were to play Grambling, somewhere in the south, not sure where. The lead up to the game was NDSU was to slow to play with the mighty Grambling of the south. Those Bison were a hard nosed bunch coached by Ron Erhardt who grew up in New England, ND. The day of the "walk through" Erhardt had the team in full pads and had a full contact practice. The Grambling players and the media from the south got a good laugh about those dumb farmers from North Dakota. The next day the Bison rolled over Grambling to with the first NDSU national championship.

Daryl Mudra was also a coach on the 65 team.
    Mudra was the Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisondan View Post

Go Bison!
    Yeah, I like hearing about the upcoming team too.

Also, if you don't think they are a great team, then where's the glory in seeing the Bison beat them?

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I'd bet that 'bama doesn't look kindly upon their 'almost' win against LSU.
    So if/when we win on Saturday can we call ourselves the LSU of the North?

/stir
    /stir
    /stir

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Great post. Thanks.
    thanks for quoting him 56,i would have never known wut you were talking a out!!