Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bohl isn't leaving for CSU

Default Re: Bohl isn't leaving for CSU

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Rumor has it that Vigen is going the same route as Babich straight to the pros. I guess if you struggle at NDSU it makes you a pretty good coach at the pro ranks.

Quick story - One day about 6 years ago when the Vikings needed a head coach Paul Allen suggested the Vikings should look at assistant head coach Bob Babich of the Bears. PA went to commercial break and came back and said he had never received 75 emails in 2 minutes about how bad this guy sucked as a coach.
    Interesting story...thanks. To me...Babich was a part of the blandness of the 90s. He took the character out of the program...kinda like what happened at Nebraska when they hired Callahan. Is the info. about Vigen real?

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

All I got to say is "Bobs got balls." (Clearly a top 5 historical student chant.)

Seriously, I really think Bohl is in a fix for going FBS in a BCS conference. Those teams almost always make a "splashy" hire pulling coaches either from the pros or other similar BCS programs. I am convinced many of those hires are more about alumni booster PR than solid coaching. Look at Kill in MN. I firmly believe they FINALLY have a guy who knows how to coach, and the alumni were agast when he was hired.

Bohl to Iowa Hawkeyes after Ferentz goes to Kansas City Chiefs.

That would certainly make our game in Iowa interesting.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Interesting story...thanks. To me...Babich was a part of the blandness of the 90s. He took the character out of the program...kinda like what happened at Nebraska when they hired Callahan. Is the info. about Vigen real?
    No the information about Vigen is not real although sometimes the second half of this year I wish it was.