Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome Impact

Default Fargodome Impact

We all know the impact the Fargodome provides us with a definite home field advantage. I wonder what impact to the financial bottom line these three playoff games has on the Fargodome? Maybe a Forum reporter reading this will dig up the information.

533 In a row

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fargodome Impact

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    We all know the impact the Fargodome provides us with a definite home field advantage. I wonder what impact to the financial bottom line these three playoff games has on the Fargodome? Maybe a Forum reporter reading this will dig up the information.
    the foolum wouldn't spin it as an economic benefit to the fargodome. they'd write an article about how it's created traffic and parking issues in north fargo on saturdays.

Quote Originally Posted by coldspot View Post
    the foolum wouldn't spin it as an economic benefit to the fargodome. they'd write an article about how it's created traffic and parking issues in north fargo on saturdays.
    If Amy wrote it yes. If Jeff wrote it no.

533 In a row

I also wonder how much of a financial benefit this is to the atheltic department (after the NCAA cut and incremental expenses)?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I know from a credible source that 1 playoff game was needed to put the FDome in the black this year. There haven't been the big concerts really anywhere the last few years, which is a huge impact to the bottom line. Three home playoff games at or near capacity is just what they needed.

BisonBabe is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Before the first game Jay Thomas & Christopher Gabriel were talking about how big of an impact the games would have on all of Fargo (believe they had Sobolik on the show). Our local hotels & restaurants are seeing a much needed influx in business. I am pretty sure there has been something along this lines in the paper as well but for sure it has been covered on talk radio.

It is good for the entire FM area for NDSU to go so deep into the playoffs here at home.

Well-behaved women seldom make history. ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

It has to help here is a little comparison to the attendance numbers for the year with including 18000 for next weekend.

UND 38561 24% of us
    USD 48426 30% of us
    SDSU 60542 37% of us
    NDSU 164133

Last night after the game I drove along 13th ave and every restaurants parking lot was packed. But the hotel I stay at was only 1/4 full where its usually full on game day weekends. So may be we drew more locally this last game or people just didnt stay over night.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I also wonder how much of a financial benefit this is to the atheltic department (after the NCAA cut and incremental expenses)?
    I've heard the same thing from a few people who work at the dome.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Last night after the game I drove along 13th ave and every restaurants parking lot was packed. But the hotel I stay at was only 1/4 full where its usually full on game day weekends. So may be we drew more locally this last game or people just didnt stay over night.
    Went shopping at West Acres from about 10:00 to 1:30 on Saturday, and it was pretty full. Not full packed or uncomfortable, but good crowds in every store that I went to.