Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU recruiting UND committee

BisonMav Guest

Default Re: NDSU recruiting UND committee

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy
    Heck, maybe her brother asked Ruley to call her up.

Unless anyone on here has listened to the alleged phone call, they don't know what really happened (if anything).
    We don't need no stinkin' facts

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Why the whining? Nothing is official until a student-athlete signs an NCAA national letter of intent. Doesn't the prospective student still have the final decision in the recruiting process?

GCWaters Guest

NCAA rules on potential recruits stop just short of telling them how many times they have to chew their food on campus visits...if this was a big deal, there's be a rule against it....

BisonMav Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

Didn't listen to the phone call itself, but I will gaurantee you that she made the call. *And her brother DID NOT ask Amy to make the call.

Pretty low
    The same thing was being said about a certain hockey coach in this link

USCHO Messages

mikelsch Guest

Recruiting is cut throat and nothing is final until the student signs the letter. It is not uncommon for athletes to back out on verbals.

This kid in question is probably good, but NDSU has bigger problems if we are still recruiting primarily the same athletes as the fighting sux. I hope all the Bison coaches realize that fact.

Holy cow, so many UND fans know about this alleged phone call that I figure they must still use party lines up in UND-land

Anyway, it is funny that the Gossipping Girls of Sue U are complaining about this when the only way they could possibly know for sure is by violating NCAA regulations.

Edit: *This seems like a good time to point out that no NDSU fans should be having any conversations with potential recruits that go beyond "Hello" and "Goodbye". Talking to a prospect or their families about their recruiting is a serious violation of NCAA rules when you are a booster of a university interested in them. Don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    Holy cow, so many UND fans know about this alleged phone call that I figure they must still use party lines up in UND-land

Anyway, it is funny that the Gossipping Girls of Sue U are complaining about this when the only way they could possibly know for sure is by violating NCAA regulations.

Edit: *This seems like a good time to point out that no NDSU fans should be having any conversations with potential recruits that go beyond "Hello" and "Goodbye". Talking to a prospect or their families about their recruiting is a serious violation of NCAA rules when you are a booster of a university interested in them. Don't do it.
    So can a friend talk to a friend? Can family members talk to one another?

Tony, I see were you are coming from, that if all those who said they have heard it to be true were boosters and had talked to the recruit one-on-one then there would be a violation in there. But, I'm guessing that the recruit herself talked to no one (except Amy :-X )

No one is saying that Amy is breaking violations, but this is just something you don't do. Especially after she hadn't contacted her more then just a letter. Now they offer her the farm? Come on.

I hope Amy is asked about this in the media. Just to see what she comes up with. I don't think most would side with her if she pulled out the "Minnesota did it..." argument.

If the shoe was on the other foot, Bison fans would be crying foul. I've never had anything less then respect for Amy Ruley, but that is gone now!

"I hope Amy is asked about this in the media. Just to see what she comes up with. I don't think most would side with her if she pulled out the "Minnesota did it..." argument. "

Amy can't comment on recruiting specifics until after the November signing date.
    Formerly (and currently) BlueKeyAlum

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You say if the shoe were on the other foot, Bison fans would be crying foul!! I doubt it.

This is another example of why NDSU is DI and und is stuck at DII. Crying and whining over nothing!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver
    You say if the shoe were on the other foot, Bison fans would be crying foul!! *I doubt it.

This is another example of why NDSU is DI and und is stuck at DII. *Crying and whining over nothing!!
    You're kidding right?

Everything UND does Bison fans get up in arms on this site.

Most UND fans don't talk much about the Bison, that is until they pull crap like this.

I also find it funny that NDSU is offering her the farm. Why would Amy try to get sneaky and steal a lowly D-II recruit by offering her everything? Come on.

Classless.