Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs James Madison FCS Playoffs 2nd Round

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs James Madison FCS Playoffs 2nd Round

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    What conference did those refs belong too?

They didnt call a fair amount of stuff... but werent too bad overall.
    They did alright minus the no call on the PI when the bison receiver was tackled b4 the ball even made it to him, and then the imaginary PI that got called on MW by the referee that was on the opposite side of the field... I think if the ref has to throw the flag overhand like a baseball it should be illegal... my goodness the ref that was right on top of the play didn't throw it, probably because they were jostling (which most of the time they just make a no call unless one blatantly interferes which didn't happen here) each other all the way down the field. The cluster penalty calling on the PF and Brock's grounding penalty didn't smooth over any confidence in them either. That was weird because they call PF on JMU and then start walking the ball the wrong way then they come back and say oh yeah Brock intentionally grounded it by the way so they are now offsetting penalties... Surprised they didn't leave the ball where it was and take a down away while they were at it. The chop block call was kind of cheesy too the 2nd play of the game you really think someone is intentionally chop blocking? Didn't see it I guess so maybe it was.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    They did alright minus the no call on the PI when the bison receiver was tackled b4 the ball even made it to him, and then the imaginary PI that got called on MW by the referee that was on the opposite side of the field... I think if the ref has to throw the flag overhand like a baseball it should be illegal... my goodness the ref that was right on top of the play didn't throw it, probably because they were jostling (which most of the time they just make a no call unless one blatantly interferes which didn't happen here) each other all the way down the field. The cluster penalty calling on the PF and Brock's grounding penalty didn't smooth over any confidence in them either. That was weird because they call PF on JMU and then start walking the ball the wrong way then they come back and say oh yeah Brock intentionally grounded it by the way so they are now offsetting penalties... Surprised they didn't leave the ball where it was and take a down away while they were at it. The chop block call was kind of cheesy too the 2nd play of the game you really think someone is intentionally chop blocking? Didn't see it I guess so maybe it was.
    I was directly on the student section 30 yd line and there lied a missed offsides penalty as well about 25 people were screaming look at him ref hes offsides. The ref was lined up perfectly to see he was offsides too.. both PI also stick out, and a suspect tackle that should have been a PF.

Like i said they missed stuff and screwed up a little bit, but less calls is a more enjoyable game.

Where were they from? looked like the NEC logo I though but I could never get a look.

National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

And not that it mattered on the play if it had been called we'd declined it but Austin Richards had some illegal hands to the face on DJs 60 yard run.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    And not that it mattered on the play if it had been called we'd declined it but Austin Richards had some illegal hands to the face on DJs 60 yard run.
    Warren holloway also was holding both sides of the body nothing but jersey... thats the whole reason that play happened, It would have still been an awesome run, just probably not a TD. Sometimes you have to just smile and shut up .
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

That last highlight (Boyer and Jirik combining on the sack late in the 4th) was amazing. At no time during that game did OUR O-line look anywhere near that pathetic.
    WHAT A BULL RUSH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NH/JMU Saxkow View Post
    Where is this CAA smack talk? Is it on another board? (I've never really gone to AGS, so it could definitely be over there.) On the JMU boards, at least, the vast majority felt the CAA was at most the 4th place conference this year - with the MVC being ranked #1. It's just that your 4th and 5th place teams choked in their last games and were eliminated from contention. Then Illinois State was screwed over for EKU, but that loss to Eastern Ill was too embarrassing.

Good luck in the rest of the playoffs and I hope your team receives the respect that you somehow don't think it's getting...
    In the words of Alexander Hamilton, "Ja Mad Bro?"
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A parting shot by them on their fanboard.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post

Typical, but yes we do know who wins, as most of those east coast snobs will be filling out their un employment forms, we will all be going to work...........oh and planning for another tailgate and FB game.....See you later CAA your run as the "best" will end this saturday when GSU beats Maine
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post

And they'll be happy and the JMU kids won't. I'm sure after playing NDSU their coach would be happy to have some of the kids that KICKED his ASS. You can have living with your dads girlfriend being your wife.