Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Hey vigen give the damn ball to the fullback

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Hey vigen give the damn ball to the fullback

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Who cares. Points allowed is all that matters. Yards allowed is one of the most misleading stats in football. Last year our defense "dominated" at times in conference play.
    I guarantee you that the team who gains the most yardage in a football game wins that game more often than not! Hey I like our team, we dont make mistakes, were balanced offensively, our D is opportunistic and we have a great QB! But, some of you act like we have a national title wrapped up by just showing up! This team shows flashes of being a dominant team, then at time struggles. I see a team that knows how to win, but is no lock to win it all! Anyway ...so far its a fun ride!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    I guarantee you that the team who gains the most yardage in a football game wins that game more often than not! Hey I like our team, we dont make mistakes, were balanced offensively, our D is opportunistic and we have a great QB! But, some of you act like we have a national title wrapped up by just showing up! This team shows flashes of being a dominant team, then at time struggles. I see a team that knows how to win, but is no lock to win it all! Anyway ...so far its a fun ride!
    Nah I think the team that allows the least amount of points typically wins more games!
    The Tampa 2 always gives up yards. It's the style we've always played and it's a big reason why we're #1 and undefeated. Sometimes when you force a ton of turnovers (near the top nationally) it obscures the stats because the other teams offense gets the ball 2 times in a row. (we scored on defense but didn't get any yards)

In the conference, the 5 top teams have allowed the top 5 least amount of points.

2011 Missouri Valley Football Conference
    Conference
    W-L PF PA W-L PF PA
    North Dakota State 6-0 172 83 9-0 307 116
    Northern Iowa 6-1 191 94 7-2 244 137
    Illinois State 5-2 181 131 7-3 287 188
    Youngstown State 3-3 205 157 5-4 337 221
    Indiana State 3-3 160 154 5-4 259 245
    South Dakota State 3-4 192 225 4-6 238 357
    Missouri State 1-5 126 211 1-8 164 346
    Western Illinois 1-5 99 223 2-7 140 333
    Southern Illinois 1-6 141 189 2-7 203 241

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

turnover differential and points allowed is much more relevant than yards allowed. thats not debatable

Whoever doesn't run the FB wins--there, back on topic.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by TILIS-BisonFan View Post
    turnover differential and points allowed is much more relevant than yards allowed. thats not debatable
    Yeah, but, there you go with that speculation stuff, when I am providing ACTUAL facts.

Exactly. Well said.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Didn't we cover this topic before this website was created?...

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.