Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU recruiting UND committee

Default NDSU recruiting UND committee

NDSU's basketball coaches have contacted Jossy Bergan who has already verbally committed to UND. The Bison's star recruit has left campus and headed back to Wisco. due to homesickness. I can't believe that Amy and the staff would try to get Jossy out of her committment to UND. Although it is legal, it is not the right thing to do.

I hope that this sort of thing never happens again, and I hope that Amy is called out for this.

I'm not trying to post smack, but this is pretty ugly. I would think most of you would agree that this sort of thing should not be happening.

BisonMav Guest

Default Re: NDSU recruiting UND committee

It happened with Rick Rickert!

The news of her commitment came out 9/22, today is 9/26. Did she call Amy to say she was going to commit, and Amy offered her a scholarship? What are the facts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
    NDSU's basketball coaches have contacted Jossy Bergan who has already verbally committed to UND. *The Bison's star recruit has left campus and headed back to Wisco. due to homesickness. *I can't believe that Amy and the staff would try to get Jossy out of her committment to UND. *Although it is legal, it is not the right thing to do.

I hope that this sort of thing never happens again, and I hope that Amy is called out for this. *

I'm not trying to post smack, but this is pretty ugly. I would think most of you would agree that this sort of thing should not be happening.
    I agree that this is a stinky situation, and I'm interested in hearing what the facts are. If NDSU is trying to weasel a recruit, and that's a big IF at this point, then I share your contempt for our actions.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Jossy verbally committed end of July early August. She hadn't heard a thing from SU throughout this process other than a letter. No phone call or talk from Amy at all. Lets not be ignorant. I know for a fact they knew when they called on Sunday night. The used the old "if you want to play D1" to try and get her. Jossy is not leaving, and it's to bad the Bison were to big time from the start. Her brother is on the cross country team at SU, but your mistake Amy and now it will cost you.

Give Amy a call about it? It happens all the time in the recruiting battles. By the way her brother is also a mid distance runner on the track team. A very good one who knew where to go for the best track coaching around in Don Larson.. Get the facts on this and remember Rick Richert committed to ARIZONA and ended up at MINNESOTA...
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by sambini
    Give Amy a call about it? It happens all the time in the recruiting battles. By the way her brother is also a mid distance runner on the track team. A very good one who knew where to go for the *best track coaching around in Don Larson.. Get the facts on this and remember Rick Richert committed to ARIZONA and ended up at MINNESOTA...
    I don't think the old, "well they did it so we should to" should work here. Besides, Rickert's parents wanted him to go to Minnesota rather then 'Zona. I'm guessing Amy knew that Jossy had committed, otherwise she is not very "in" with the basketball crowd in ND.

I'm not saying that there is any violation, but as a coach you should always honor others' verbal cimmittments and stay away. Plus she used the, "if you want to play D-1" and they offered her the farm. Pretty sneaky Amy, I hope you get called out on this.

Heck, maybe her brother asked Ruley to call her up.

Unless anyone on here has listened to the alleged phone call, they don't know what really happened (if anything).
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy
    Heck, maybe her brother asked Ruley to call her up.

Unless anyone on here has listened to the alleged phone call, they don't know what really happened (if anything).
    Didn't listen to the phone call itself, but I will gaurantee you that she made the call. And her brother DID NOT ask Amy to make the call.

Pretty low

Any word to the rumor that Hendrickson left the team?
    Formerly (and currently) BlueKeyAlum

Quote Originally Posted by NoDakSt
    Any word to the rumor that Hendrickson left the team?
    Yes. She was homesick and dropped out of school to return home to Wisconsin. That's too bad it happened this late, but you don't want an athlete there that doesn't want to be there.