Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saluki's new stadium

Default Saluki's new stadium

My apologies if this was covered in another thread (I missed it if it was)... Was in Carbondale for the game today and saw their stadium for the first time. Overall it is very nice, but I felt like I was at a North Dakota high school soccer field. The atmosphere was awful. In all honesty it felt like it was a neutral site game. There was no student section. Maybe I was expecting more from a school that has won five MVFC titles in 10 years and sent Brandon Jacobs and Bart Scott to the NFL. I think the game today gave me more appreciation for the Dome and the atmosphere we create.

Thoughts?

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Saluki's new stadium

yes I really think NDSU has one of the better atmospheres in the FCS, I am surprised to hear there was no student section at the game

It was "fall break" for the students. That had a lot to do with it I'm sure

BRING BACK SNORTY

After watching how SIU used their large video screen, we should never complain that we don't use ours well. They only showed stats once, at halftime, never had any other game scores, but I am happy to report they borrowed the animal house clip from SDSU! The announced attendance was 9000+. I don't think so. Tailgating was lame. The stadium itself is pretty nice though.

533 In a row

20K students and a perenially good FB team and they draw many 1/2 a crowd?

Fall break or not.....still poor IMO.

For those who complain about the music, they played fricking Miley Cyrus as pump up music between the national anthem and the teams arrival. Then they have another pump up video where their players lip sync to whatever that damn song is "welcome to the show". Effing embarrassing.

Stadium was nice though although nothing fancy. Siu fans I interacted with before during and after the game around town were to a person class acts. Wore the bison hat in to a local Italian joint for supper and had several stop by to talk football. All of them were complimentary of our team, and most of them asked if we could please take their offensive coordinator. Go figure.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    For those who complain about the music, they played fricking Miley Cyrus as pump up music between the national anthem and the teams arrival. Then they have another pump up video where their players lip sync to whatever that damn song is "welcome to the show". Effing embarrassing.
    Was it Party in the USA? That song always gets me going.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Great point about the fans. We were going to get our tickets at Will Call and I had my hat and jersey on. One guy stopped us just to say, "good to see you guys, glad you could make it, thanks for coming." I didn't know what to say.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There will not be many FCS schools with an atmosphere like NDSU.

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by onbison09 View Post
    It was "fall break" for the students. That had a lot to do with it I'm sure
    Okay, that being said (it was fall break), where was everyone else? I thought when they were showing the stadium before the game it was b-roll footage from long before the game when there are just the die hards there. Nope, it was immediately before kickoff! How much can there be to do in Carbondale on a beautiful afternoon? What's attendace going to be like when the bloom wears off that rosey new stadium? PATHETIC effort by the SIU fans.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012