Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Former Bison Punch Their Tickets

Herd_Mentality Guest

Default Two Former Bison Punch Their Tickets

First McDermott and now RayJack are into the big dance. I've even heard rumblings of some bigger schools looking at RayJack after what he did with Eastern Washington in two years...which is odd, since I always thought he stunk it up here.

Default Re: Two Former Bison Punch Their Tickets

I watched the Big Sky championship game last night between Eastern Washington and Northern Arizona. It did not appear to me that the level of play of these teams is THAT much higher than what we are used to seeing in the NCC. The tallest starter for EWU was only 6'8".

533 In a row

I watched the game and tried to be objective and concluded that I did not see anything to lead me to believe that the better teams in the NCC could not play with the top teams in Big Sky.

wfduck Guest

your right we can play with them.

But look at NAIA schools. on any given night they can play with and beat an NCC team. However across the board I would say 2 out of three games on average any given d1 school would beat a NCC school. same goes for NCC vs NAIA

its about scholarships=depth

The NCC can play with the best of the Big Sky?!?!?!
    Why of course, what am I thinking? The NCC is a powerhouse in DII basketball. HAHAHA! You are WAY off the mark if you think that an SDSU or an UNO can play with the likes of a team going to the big dance! Whew, hope your boss doesn't drug test you!

IowaBison Guest

I don't know much about basketball, but SDSU would be competitive most days of the week with members of the Big Sky.

Of course the best way to prove this would be to play some games.

~I became a Montana State fan and went to all their games when I lived in Bozeman for 5 years......this is from what I observed......the big sky *is slow paced, big guys who arent athletic enough to play anywhere big in D1....teams stand around in zone and pass it around.....players in the NCC are a little smaller but alot more athletic and even some are better shooters.....I dont know what an outcome would be between the 2 teams, but the Big Sky conference is alot more boring to watch then the NCC....if that is what is to come for the Bison I will definetely miss the NCC........
    ........I think the women will have an extrememly hard time with the adjustment...from what I saw in the Big Sky the women are bigger and just as athletic.....

..edit...I did not see any games this year....

BisonMav Guest

N Iowa is a 14 seed playing Georgia Tech in the first round. E Washington is a 15, playing Oklahoma St.

somebison Guest

again

UNI and Utah both make the Dance as at-large teams

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good job done by the two former Bison head coaches!