Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Detroit Lakes QB gives his verbal to...........

Default Re: Detroit Lakes QB gives his verbal to...........

Can't win them all I guess*.

*We'll just have to settle winning 99% of the recruiting battles.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

One final comment, we have went head to head with UND for 3 straight years for QB's, and while we don't have any idea how it will play out, I am glad we went 2 out of 3 in those battles and based on how much we offered, I think we lost the battle we could afford. Our depth is amazing and lets start giving Brock the credit he deserves, he was nothing short of spectacular on Saturday. His accuracy was amazing, but how he ran the game was "Walkerlike." He watched the play clock down to the final seconds, made clutch throws and his leadership is really impressive. Depth at QB is critical. Again, congrats to this kid on picking Iowa, I mean UND.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    how he ran the game was "Walkerlike."
    This.

Brock was completely in control.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post

[/I]
    “I watched the whole game,” Mollberg said. “It showed me how competitive UND is right now. I like the direction they’re headed. They’ll go special places....

What kind of kid is impressed by moral victories?

They’re not at the same level as NDSU right now, but a few more of the right guys and UND can do some good things.”

Like hold a quilting bee for disadvantaged children?
    There is no way that the whole team is gonna fit on one of those SHORT BUSSES even without their shoulder pads. (rim shot, please?)

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    There is no way that the whole team is gonna fit on one of those SHORT BUSSES even without their shoulder pads. (rim shot, please?)

Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Best of luck to the kid where ever he winds up.

If the Bison & SDSU only offered a 1/2 scholarship is true I think there'll be some exploding heads over at ss.com.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

NDSU and SDSU both offered full rides - 100% guaranteed by everyone involved from DL to Fargo to GF and your coaches will not dispute that. And UND never offered Thornton to play QB, they offered a partial to play safety. UND wanted Wentz very badly and lost out on him. Great get for NDSU, kid is a stud.

I am not surprised by this at all. We have four QB who will give him a big run. So, have a great shot at playing 4 years or possibly play one year. Not taking anything away from him at all. I would have liked to see him come. As someone said in a different thread-always good to bring in good athletes and if it does not work at one position, use him at another. ALA Smith. Can't blame the kid for wanting to play at his position.

What I dont want to see is for people to say "he wasn't that good anyway". Congrats to the Sioux on the signing and enjoy it, cause they will be few and far between.

And, Brock was a stud! He did remind me of Walker in how he ran the game. Gave me a nice warm fuzzy feeling. Room for improvement, but he is steadily turning into a game proven stud.

Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.-Joshua J. Marine

UND offered Thorton to play safety? Well played Mussman lol. He'd be starting up at gf right now.