Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Big Sky Conference

Default Re: Big Sky Conference

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    1. Mont. St.
    2. Montana
    3. EWU

Montana State- Very good team especially for the Big Sky style of football. We just happened to be the perfect storm to hit them and wear down their small lines in the trenches. Expecting them to play good again this season and McGhee is still young but wow, what a player. Who knows? I heard that they were recruiting bigger players built for playoff ball so maybe the next few years we can battle it out with them? 9-2 (Loss at Utah, Win vs. Montana, Win @ EWU, slip up somewhere else)

Montana- Consistently good team. Lots of solid tradition there and from what I have heard, a very tough team at home with that raucous(sp?) crowd. Can't imagine them struggling again so much this season (See UM vs. UND game). Playing a game at home against UND should have been a 30 point win considering what USD did to UND and what we did to USD. Have to go to MSU could be tough but drawing EWU at home definitely helps these guys out. Playoffs for these gentlemen, perhaps coming to the dome? 8-3 (Loss at Tennesee, Loss at MSU, Win vs. EWU, slipup somewhere, Cakewalk at UND)

EWU- Good QB, solid running back, good receivers. I think last year everything came together for them. They didn't have a whole lot to complain about at all except for Jones getting nicked up a bit. But even with him gone in the playoffs they found a way to win the last two games. Still, can only have so many blown calls in OT go your way before Lady Luck dumps your sorry ass. Lots of returning starters yes? Still playoffs, they are welcome to see what the dome looks like. 8-3 (Loss at Washington, Loss vs. MSU, Loss at Montana)
    So many blown calls in OT before Lady Luck dumps your sorry ass???

Um, we scored on the first play. Bison were playing catch up. A ruling of being down by contact would have only given you an opportunity to tie the game. The ruling would have been upheld no matter the decision on the field. The ball came out right as he was hitting the ground (Sherritt pulled him on top of him).

So there was one (1) questionable call in OT, but no blown calls. So good job on that. I really thought you guys would have grown up and moved on by now.... bitterness is a hard pill to swallow I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tojo70 View Post
    Hi All,
    Living out here in Montana I figured since things were slow and every one's dissected a lot about the Bison and the MVFC, I'd give some thoughts and predictions about the BSC.

If you could give a rat's ass about other conferences please, don't read any further.

Montana State: Should finish first in the conference. McGhee will be the big factor playing at QB. He's only a soph. this year and will keep this team in every game. Defense is a question.
    They open up against BCS Utah and if they do well there, they can roll into and easy couple of games against UC Davis (should be easy for MSU at home) and Minot State before having to travel to Eastern Wash. (and that
    *$%#ing red field).

Montana: Will be a tough year and if they make the playoffs it will be by the skin of their teeth. No real big playmakers returning so they'll be looking for someone to step up. Their biggest asset at the moment appears to be DL. SR's Duncan and Waldhauser anchor that line at tackle positions.

Eastern Washington. Ok, I'll preface this by saying that I can't stand EWU and their *%$#ing red field. I hate how the game ended up against the Bison. It was BS and I'll always have a dislike for this time for it.
    But here's going out on a limb: I predict that EWU will not...I repeat NOT make the playoffs. They are a fast team with some great WR's. They have 15 returning starters, but I think they are a one trick pony (with the deep ball) and if they struggle just a little bit on offense their defense will be run over. They have a tough early season schedule. They open up at BCS Washington, then go to South Dakota where they shouldn't have much trouble. but then have to travel to Montana and then Montana State at home. I could see them going 1-3 to start but more likely 2-2 which would be ok too.

Sleepers that could be up there at the end of the year are Weber with a great offensive line or Sac State.
    LOL.

You're an idiot.

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin_Eagle174 View Post

Um, we scored on the first play. Bison were playing catch up. A ruling of being down by contact would have only given you an opportunity to tie the game. The ruling would have been upheld no matter the decision on the field. The ball came out right as he was hitting the ground (Sherritt pulled him on top of him).

So there was one (1) questionable call in OT, but no blown calls. So good job on that. I really thought you guys would have grown up and moved on by now.... bitterness is a hard pill to swallow I guess.
    thanks for your continued interest in bison athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by coldspot View Post
    thanks for your continued interest in bison athletics.
    Thank you for your continued interest in EWU and the Big Sky Conference, as evidenced by this thread.

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thank you for your continued interest in EWU and the Big Sky Conference, as evidenced by this thread.
    Well you see Screamin_Eagle, when you have a fan forum that has more than 12 members(about the same as an EWU home game) then a lot of topics tend to come up. I wouldn't need to point this out to most but this thread is in the DI/FCS News thead, not in the Bison Football thread, so unlike your crap board and crap school, there's a lot to talk about and a plethora of topics. Stick around for a while, you might learn something. Ah hell, just GTFO, you add nothing to this board or any other board you visit.

Hey buddy.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

I'd like to leave you with one thought, but I'm not sure you have anywhere to put it!

LOL.

You're an idiot.

Calling you stupid would be an insult to stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbear99 View Post
    Calling you stupid would be an insult to stupid people.
    Sounds like you speak from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    Hey buddy.
    I'm not your buddy, guy.