Page 32 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Recruiting

Default Re: 2012 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Generally speaking, you should add .2 seconds to hand-timed 40 times to equal an electronic time. Personally, unless they're electronic or come at NDSU's camp, I ignore them.

Justin Arp is a sprinter so he has wheels, but if you believe every 40 time you see in rivals.com/scout.com, there are at least 2000 HS senior football players with NFL caliber (or better) speed.
    It's worse than that. We have a kid that ran, electronically, a 4.98 in our field house. At the Iowa State junior/senior prospect camp in early June they had him at 4.65!! He was the 3rd fastest 40 recorded that day and their were 250 attendees.

jarhead is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here are the results from the Army Combine held in San Antonio in January. These are some pretty good football players but 40 times
    under 4.6 are rare. Until we can plant chips in athletes, 40 times are best taken with a grain of salt.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...pect_id=104854

"""Originally Posted by rockybison
    this is going to hurt. 90's football was awful. I'm sure you guys tried but you sucked balls and it was tough to watch. UND owned us and I was embarassed. Ya'll say if ya wore the uni you are a champ but you guys are not champs. Lots of losses."""

Obviously you have never played the game at a high level. Many of lifes lessons are learned when things arent going good. But you still stick it out, show up for practice when its zero degrees outside and put in ALL on the line every Saturday regardless of the outcome. Being a champion isnt just measured by how many Ws you have in the win column.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Obviously you have never played the game at a high level. Many of lifes lessons are learned when things arent going good. But you still stick it out, show up for practice when its zero degrees outside and put in ALL on the line every Saturday regardless of the outcome. Being a champion isnt just measured by how many Ws you have in the win column.
    PL, he is being monitored and we have not heard from him since--just sayin!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I realize this. But just in case the tool still drops in in---if you know what I mean.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I see--kind of a preemtory "shot over the (boat) bow"!!!!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I see--kind of a preemtory "shot over the (boat) bow"!!!!!
    Its also kind of a reality check to some fans to remember why the game is being played and that the game is on the field. Not in the stands. Just a thought.

Default Re: 2012 Recruiting Summary

Rivals #47, Sam Foltz, a 6' 2", 190 lb DB feom Grand Island, NB. Appears to be a big Husker fan. 200/400 meter man on track
    team, took second at state track meet in 400 (49+ sec.). No video.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...m-Foltz-122093

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...m-Foltz-122093

Need to edit my last post. I reported that Sam Foltz was the 47th POI on our Rivals site when, in fact, I had already posted him
    as the 43rd POI a couple of days ago. The 47th POI is actually Calvin Thomas, an OL/DL from AZ who is a consensus top 25-50
    prospect in AZ. My apologies, gentlemen.

http://hsarizona.scout.com/a.z?s=222...=1&nid=5180543

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Thomas-108435

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO5fEWhGFUs

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=222&f=1138&t=6886929

Also, please note that Mr. Thomas reportedly holds an offer.