Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pearl Out at Tennesee

Default Re: Pearl Out at Tennesee

Quote Originally Posted by onbison09 View Post
    True. I mean I don't disagree with Pearl's firing but still how is that fair to the kids? He could've just said, "Well we'll wait and see until after the tournament." He shouldn't have been so honest.
    It wasn't fair to the kids. His comments seemed to be intentionally aimed at torpedoing the season. He had been saying "no comment" all along but suddenly he opens up. Clearly he had an agenda.

I don't think the AD will survive. He's next IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by onbison09 View Post
    True. I mean I don't disagree with Pearl's firing but still how is that fair to the kids? He could've just said, "Well we'll wait and see until after the tournament." He shouldn't have been so honest.
    i think it was the correct decision to wait until after the tourney. dont want anymore distractions then there needs to be while the season is still going on. but they did play pretty decent when pearl was serving his suspension though

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    i think it was the correct decision to wait until after the tourney. dont want anymore distractions then there needs to be while the season is still going on. but they did play pretty decent when pearl was serving his suspension though
    You're missing the point though. The AD made a statement BEFORE the tournament that made it pretty clear that Pearl had zero chance of keeping his job. The team promptly went out and got destroyed. That's what OnBison was referring to. I tend to agree with that sentiment.

not at all. it's just my opinion of it. they also wanted to see how they performed in the tournament. theyve been to the sweet 16 three times and the elite 8 once in 6 years. the embarrassment in the first round and being a 9 seed pretty much confirmed it though. if they were still playing it might have been delayed another year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    not at all. it's just my opinion of it. they also wanted to see how they performed in the tournament. theyve been to the sweet 16 three times and the elite 8 once in 6 years. the embarrassment in the first round and being a 9 seed pretty much confirmed it though. if they were still playing it might have been delayed another year or two.
    I'm trying to figure out if you see those statistics as good or bad.

Tennessee has 12 tournament wins in their entire history. Half of them under Pearl. He totally turned their program around.

He deserved to get fired for his actions. I have no problem with that.

The AD should be fired immediately also for his comments before the tournament. There was no reason to say what he did other than if he WANTED the team to tank it against Michigan. That made firing Pearl easier but at the expense of the kids. Inexcusable. He should be fired and no school should ever consider him for a job. Walmart greeter is his level of competence.

Missouri State Coach Martin to be the new coach at Rocky top Tennesee.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Huge news for NDSU!!! HUGE.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    "Goooooooo on"- Jon Stewart voice.

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Do tell please.

Sorry, just the fact that Cuonzo was the head coach at Missouri State who had offered PG Wes Washpun that we are heavily after. Now that school is left without a coach after Wes had a great visit in Fargo. Early signing day can't come soon enought. He will be a star if he comes to NDSU.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.