Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bohl contract extension......

Default Re: Bohl contract extension......

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I just don't understand the timing of this. Wait until the legislature has adjouned or at least until the Higher Ed budget has passed. It can only give the people trying to cut higher ed budgets more ammo and something else to run a smoke screen with.
    Agreed, but anyone who thinks the salaries of head football coaches are not justified are small minded. Why?

1. Probably put in more hours than nearly any other campus employee.
    2. Can be fired even if doing the best job possible if the kids don't perform. Imagine if we did that to faculty members with tenure?
    3. Create more exposure and excitement for a University than any advertising campaign does; leads to student erollment and even attracting some faculty.

Those guys earn every dime and I haven't even mentioned, particularly at the FBS level, how much money their success can bring in. Even the playoff run for NDSU last year brought in some good coin......

Don't get me wrong I agree. But it is the perception of closing the Early Childhood development Day care (And don't get me started there, 8 staff for 38 kids, ), going to the legislature and asking for more money for NDSU but then handing out a contract extension and raise. It is just really bad political timing. It is a good thing it is being done but the timing is terrible in my opinion.

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Don't get me wrong I agree. But it is the perception of closing the Early Childhood development Day care (And don't get me started there, 8 staff for 38 kids, ), going to the legislature and asking for more money for NDSU but then handing out a contract extension and raise. It is just really bad political timing. It is a good thing it is being done but the timing is terrible in my opinion.
    It's called staffing ratios imposed by the Department of Health and Human Service Division. Every day care center or home day care can only have so many children per "teacher". I over see a number of daycare centers in my job, they need to run 90% or greater occupancy or else they are in trouble. They are second in loan payment delinquencies right behind assisted living centers...

I'm in favor of the extension. I mostly agree with what tjbison said. He's taken us to the top, let the program slide a little but he's also proven that he can make adjustments turn it back around again. You can't argue his record against FBS teams, I'd just like to see more consistency against the top teams in our conference but I remember when UC Davis and Cal-Poly where a huge pain in our ass and then Bohl managed to figure them out so hopefully that will come soon too.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

I have 2 young children and some days I feel like 8 staff members wouldn't be enough to control them.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    It's called staffing ratios imposed by the Department of Health and Human Service Division. Every day care center or home day care can only have so many children per "teacher". I over see a number of daycare centers in my job, they need to run 90% or greater occupancy or else they are in trouble. They are second in loan payment delinquencies right behind assisted living centers...
    I know they can only have so many kids of different ages (It is actually a formula they plug in) and 4.75 students per provider seems awfully low. On the outside looking in seems they were over staffed or under utilized.

If you here anyone who criticizes NDSU on this, ask them if they would be okay shutting down the football program instead.

I would be interested in hearing the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I have 2 young children and some days I feel like 8 staff members wouldn't be enough to control them.
    Im failry certain they had 28 employee's only 8 of them being FT.

Student employees work between 4 and 20 hours a week, so they had between 80 hours per week and 400 hours per week of student employee that everyone on bv seems to be discrediting.

The center employs about 20 work study students, Habedank said
    They may also employ non workstudy students aswell.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

The primary reason for a 5 year contract is for recruiting and to show that your coach is here for the entire 5 years of the athlete you are recruiting. Coach Bohl did a great job turning a medicore year into a successful playoff run this year. There is a lot of excitement going into next year. He deserved the extension.

The whole key to any coaches contract though is the buyout if there is ever a termination. Likely never to happen, but I would be interested to see what that number is and how it is calculated?? (See Brewster's buyout-- didn't fair so well compared to value of contract). The other number I would be interested to see is the buyout NDSU would require to let Bohl out of his contract should Coach Bohl ever get an offer from a bigger school. It would cost NDSU a lot of money to replace a head football coach. I bet Koplack will get the details once the contract is public. I know Coach Bohl is bonused on attendance and making the playoffs, conference championships, and national championship wins.

Bohl is bonused in attendence and playoffs.

Vigen needs to be put back at Tight Ends Coach, Bring in a big time Offensive Coordinator so we can win 2-3 titles in a row and then move to the FBS!!!!