Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Please stop the irrational madness

Default Re: Please stop the irrational madness

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    If you watch closely (don't know why you would), you'll see the officials give each other the rolling arms signal (similar to a false start) reminding each other the 4th down fumble rule applies. Same rule applies on a try. If the defense recovers they get to keep the ball.
    Yes Ive seen that but thought it was to keep the clock rolling.

If its on 4th down.
    If its on 3rd down and the try is blocked and the kicking team recovers they retain possesion if the ball wasnt advanced beyond the LOS..

Saw that one twice in one season.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I love this thread. We aint stoppin nothing.

Continue with irrational PASSION!!!

AWWW IT'S LIKE CRACK!!!!

I can think of 3 mistakes the refs made that DID change the outcome of the game.

1. Early in the first when EWU skipped that pass off the turf and they called it a catch. Announcers said it wasn't a catch, and it clearly skipped off the turf. that was 3rd down, and should of resulted in a EWU punt. Instead it ended up in a TD for EWU
    2. I thought the pass interference call with like 1 minute left in the game, that moved the ball down to our 1 yard line was BS too.
    3. Jensen was down before the ball came out in OT.

yeah I agree that refs miss calls both ways during a game and we probably had a couple calls go our way, but I don't recall any calls going our way that changed the game like these 3 did.