Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Coverage

Default Re: Forum Coverage

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Cover a game via webcast? That just isn't right, either send somebody or pay some local scribe in Indy or Macomb to go to the game and write an article about it.
    do you really need to be in person to cover an event? Can't they give an accurate representation of what happened during the game without being there in person? We don't need a breakdown of how shiatty the gym smells or that there were 400 people in the stands.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    do you really need to be in person to cover an event? Can't they give an accurate representation of what happened during the game without being there in person? We don't need a breakdown of how shiatty the gym smells or that there were 400 people in the stands.
    Yeah, you need that whole vibe and it helps to actually see the people you are interviewing face to face.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Given the fact that my freelance gynecology business has hit the skids, I would have gladly driven down to Indy to cover it.
    I'm guessing you had too high of standards for your clientele?
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

I'd guess there's a half-dozen guys on this site alone that could give a better breakdown of the game from just listening to the radio feed or eyeballing the stats on ESPN. They'd probably write it up in the forum for free or quite cheap I'm guessing as well.

Maybe write it as a Letter to the Editor?

Dear Fargo Forum -

Eric Carlson had a career-high 20 points in North Dakota State's valiant effort against a recently-resurgent IUPUI squad in men's collegiate basketball this Saturday, but the combined efforts of blah blah blah blah...

- From, Kyle Roth, concerned citizen
    Think they'd go for it??
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    I'd guess there's a half-dozen guys on this site alone that could give a better breakdown of the game from just listening to the radio feed or eyeballing the stats on ESPN. They'd probably write it up in the forum for free or quite cheap I'm guessing as well.

Think they'd go for it??
    Can't hurt.

Hell, Sav could probably have this whipped up in about 30 seconds following a game, with a higher degree of accuracy to boot.
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    I'm guessing you had too high of standards for your clientele?
    Well, there is that.
    Sure, one could argue that mass mailings and e-mail marketing campaigns may have more of an impact on business than wearing mirrored loafers and cherry picking girls exiting my local Victoria's Secret. But hey, you gotta admire a guy that's true to his mission statement.

...mirrored loafers and cherry picking girls...

<gutterMind>Respectfully requesting a rephrase. </gutterMind>

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post

<gutterMind>Respectfully requesting a rephrase. </gutterMind>
    Hand picking????
    No wait, that doesn't work either.
    Please tell Reverend Bob that I plan to double what I normally put in the collection plate next week in hopes of buying some much needed salvation.

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post

Think they'd go for it??
    Probably, but Kyle Roth sounds like a pretty gay name, I don't think anyone would take the letter seriously.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Hand picking????
    No wait, that doesn't work either.
    Please tell Reverend Bob that I plan to double what I normally put in the collection plate next week in hopes of buying some much needed salvation.
    You guys are all going to hell.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."