Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beson & Bussey

Default Re: Beson & Bussey

If we change to a 3-4, one of our DE's would probably be moved to linebacker. One of the LB's in a 3-4 is pretty similar to a DE in a 4-3.

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    To be totally honest, I thought our defense got better when these guys got on the field. Seemed a lot faster.
    Thought so too. Same with interior when fairburn went out. Beson looks good and physical at MLB, at this point it sure looks like an opportunity to move evens back outside next year.

If Jemison adds weight he might be a pretty good LB for us next year but right now he just gets ran over on a lot of plays. Beson was ok he did miss a few tackles, and by this I mean the rb ran through his tackle. Right now I see very little out of any part of the defense that I like.

On a good note it was nice to see the Techmo offense still works vs us, just toss it up and let your reciever get it.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd like to see Jemison moved from LB to SS next year ala 45 from UNI. We are not stout enought out there, but with Jemsion at SS, he could step into the box along with our LB's and maybe we could start tackling someone next year.

Is he fast enough, Ya I think so. Can he cover, Ya I think so. Is he bigger than our 190 lb safeties, Ya he'll be around 210 next year. Just a thought that should be considered for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    I'd like to see Jemison moved from LB to SS next year ala 45 from UNI. We are not stout enought out there, but with Jemsion at SS, he could step into the box along with our LB's and maybe we could start tackling someone next year.

Is he fast enough, Ya I think so. Can he cover, Ya I think so. Is he bigger than our 190 lb safeties, Ya he'll be around 210 next year. Just a thought that should be considered for next year.
    i could see him moving there but right now we need him at LB, no depth there (as you already know that)... hell we need depth everywhere!

if we were to go to the 3-4 i would hope gratzeks talent would not be wasted as the noseguard, but rather the strong side DE.

Quote Originally Posted by yippie View Post
    if we were to go to the 3-4 i would hope gratzeks talent would not be wasted as the noseguard, but rather the strong side DE.
    the majority of the time we're playing against spread offenses and to disrupt a spread offense it all starts with one very good defensive nosetackle

It will be interesting to see how Beson performs for the rest of the season cuz I am sure he will be getting plenty of playing time. Our backers look very promising for the next few years, just need some depth there!