Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most Impressive New Player

Default Re: Most Impressive New Player

Nearly forgot about Drago, seeing as how he was only on the field twice. If it wasn't for him, Valpo probably would have scored. The snap on that first punt would have sailed over the head of any punter under 6'5". His kicks were also pretty good- nice hangtime and good distance. Hopefully he has a nice touch to pin some by the goal line. He's the only Bison player I wouldn't mind if he didn't play (i.e. the Bison always convert on 3rd down).

I think he might rival Aaron Pederson in a few years.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Not another new player, but I thought Bobby Jr. played a very good game. He even closed on the Valpo WR's when he had safety support and made the play. He seems to be faster this year.

UNC should be a good test.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Alvin Robinson looked really good - he and Kole Zimmerman had great games.

I think Joe Mays will get better at reading plays. He looked a little more comfortable out there later in the game. That was Joe who that wiped out the WR over the middle in the second half, wasn't it?

Heck, they all looked good. Cinque Chapman, Shamen Washington, Steve Walker, Mike Dragosavich.

Travis White isn't new but *holy cow* did he make some nice grabs - probably was a coincidence, but as soon as White reeled in an off-target pass, Stauss seemed to settle down quite a bit and get into more of a rhythm.

IowaBison Guest

the most impressive new player to me was Steffes as i didn't catch a game all last year

he's a hellova talent being a white kid from Dickinson