Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring football

JBB Guest

Default Re: Spring football

Id love to see Wyoming on the schedule.

Does anyone know what happened to Mark Sanders' back? Looks like a solid o-lineman is down? :-/

I'm not quite sure how Sanders hurt his back, but I know he hasn't been able to lift weights for the better part of the winter. I've been told by a couple of players that his back problems appear to be chronic.... Let's hope not, because we are pretty short on experience at offensive guard.

Kind of a sidebar, but does anyone know why NDSU schedules the Spring Game during the NFL draft? I think they actually could have a really good turn out if it wasn't during the draft? I know a lot of people that would go if it wasn't during the draft.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

BisonMav Guest

Great to here Steffes is recovered. *Looks like Jeff Kolpack has been busy.

Steffes is back on his feet: Last seasons injury spurs Bison running back for more

BisonMav Guest

IMO the Spring game should become a major event in the Spring for Bison football, now that the Bison are I-AA. It would be great to have 10,000 people show up instead of 1500 like last year. The game is free, parking is free. Great way to show support for the team and have a family day out, and contribute to a charitable cause. From what I have heard, the Outback Steakhouse donates the money from the dinner to Make a Wish Foundation. With the silent auction, kids games, free giveaways and the memorabilia show, I think attendence will be up. The events will be starting in the late morning, I heard.

BisonMav, Excellent! Now, we've got to get those who can to take some action. As you probably know, Gene Taylor is a "promotions incorporated" kind of guy and would be on board for this kind of thing. Anybody have a hint on whether he may occasionally lurk on this board? BisonMav - send him an email.

Exactly. Hopefully they can promote it and get a good turnout. Moving away from the NFL draft still wouldn't hurt. :-/ If they could get everyone from Playmakers watching the draft to show up to the dome, it would double attendance. Showing the draft on the Fargodome videoboards during the Spring Game came up on PTS last week. I don't agree with it, but I bet there would be 10,000 there if they did.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

BisonMav Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bisononce
    BisonMav, Excellent! Now, we've got to get those who can to take some action. As you probably know, Gene Taylor is a "promotions incorporated" kind of guy and would be on board for this kind of thing. Anybody have a hint on whether he may occasionally lurk on this board? BisonMav - send him an email.
    These are the events that I heard are planned, now the next step is to get the people in the door. If this year is a success, then I assume more could be added next year.

wfduck Guest

Heard Gene on 550 Sports Saturday. They are takin' the Bison to western ND this spring. Multiple stops in Bis, Dickins, Williston, Stanley, Minot etc....

sounds like a great idea