Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by LefseBison View Post
    I read Chief Zibolski's article on mental illness yesterday in the Forum and in all honesty, my memory of it was that he did not see mental illness as a one-size-fits-all disease. He did say they could not always put a label on some of the mental illness and some may have just been suffering from struggling to live on the streets. He is aware of all the dangers of meth and drugs, I think they want some of those mobile units/trained social workers to roam some of the downtown streets (especially during daylight hours) instead of police officers who are spread very thin. But I think he also said to paraphrase "how do you know a person is dangerous until you get right up close to them and start talking to them? I don't think being mentally ill is a crime but some of the resulting behaviors can be.
    Al Carlson isnt going to solve the problem. The Police Chief has to direct his officers to treat crackheads the same as everyone else. They seem to think it's acceptable for a drunk to walk around with an open bottle of whiskey, piss in the alley, harass people, start fights and not cite them. Sometimes jail is the only way crackheads can save themselves. And it's not like it's going to ruin their perfect criminal record. Everyone knows it's already a mile long. What's another night in jail for failing to appear in court. Maybe it will give them a moment of clarity that you can't break the law. You're not special. There are consequences for actions

Now the guy who hears voices, that's a complex issue and I don't have a solution

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Don't you think that long term chemical abuse is a contributing factor to craziness?

LefseBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Don't you think that long term chemical abuse is a contributing factor to craziness?
    Yes. Other things that contribute to mental illness (the word "craziness" is not used often except to describe those who support far-right wing), isolation, lack of food and housing security, too much social media.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The cure for homelessness is houses.

Not a coincidence that deinstitutionalizing people with mental health challenges = people with mental health challenges living on the streets.
    Not to pick a fight with you but I will- some homeless (unhoused is the proper word) do not even want to be housed. SOME want to roam the streets, beg for money, live "free" by the river. Modern day hobos who used to ride the rails. But then we taxpayers have to pick up the tab so to speak. I have a healthy dose of boot-strap in me.

Yes. Other things that contribute to mental illness (the word "craziness" is not used often except to describe those who support far-right wing), isolation, lack of food and housing security, too much social media.
    You talk like a crazy woman who used to frequent this forum. (a real dingfreakingbat if you know what I mean?)

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    You talk like a crazy woman who used to frequent this forum. (a real dingfreakingbat if you know what I mean?)
    I don't recall saying that you (or any other poster) is far-right wing. The operative word is "far."

Remember Eleanor Roosevelt's famous saying, "No one can make you feel bad about yourself without your permission."

I don't recall saying that you (or any other poster) is far-right wing. The operative word is "far."

Remember Eleanor Roosevelt's famous saying, "No one can make you feel bad about yourself without your permission."
    You should know...You went to school with her!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I may never eat lefse again eh

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I may never eat lefse again eh
    Its a Christmas delicacy, once a year only.

(If there is a double' entendre in your post somewhere I am not acknowledging it).

Its a Christmas delicacy, once a year only.

(If there is a double' entendre in your post somewhere I am not acknowledging it).
    Here's something we can argue about.....

The only way to eat lesfe is with butter & brown sugar.