Page 1358 of 1366 FirstFirst ... 35885812581308134813561357135813591360 ... LastLast
Results 13,571 to 13,580 of 13656

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    lol..ok

if you think anyone is looking at Fucking Brooking SD over Fargo for ease of travel and Eyeballs on TV you are totally ignorant or delusional

i can't even imagine you believe a word you said
    That's not at all what I said, and you know that. The point was/is that SDSU is just as appealing to a prospecting conference as we are, and it would be foolish to not leverage that when brokering a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    SDSU's TV market isn't Brookings, it eastern SD as well as SW MN.
    Opponents can fly into Brookings, the primary runway will handle an A320 or a 737
    I imagine SDSU is more attractive than we are to prospective conferences due to their performance other sports as well.
    Would be arrogant (and probably wrong) to believe we are more appealing.
    I have no idea if that is true about the runway, but the bigger issue is the chartered flights used by football teams have all the same security, etc. EVERY team that has to fly to play SDSU comes in and out of Sioux Falls, including SDSU.

Most anything can be overcome save for geography.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I thought the same thing until looking into it. I was surprised that their website listed Oklahoma State as a 2023 visitor?
    But even so, I would assume that FSD would still be the predominant choice.

https://cityofbrookings-sd.gov/223/Airport
    Last edited by NI4NI; 05-14-2024 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    This 100% is the conundrum and what has me personally worried. I challenged Matt Zimmer on this on Twitter, and he basically is "not concerned." I was thinking, well, you sure as hell should be, but he is a journalist and probably not wanting to ruffle feathers are SDSU.
    Matt Zimmer is a journalist in the loosest of terms. SDSU Fanboy or Twitter Troll is more appropriate for he and his boy Zach "Ice" Borg. SD media is absolutely laughable.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    MWC is about to add WSU and OSU to get to 14. MAC just added UMass for 13. Neither of those need or want us. That's a fact, unfortunate as it is.
    This is where we disagree.

MAC likely will go to 14. WKU was rumored for that spot, but recent CUSA news that came along with the Missouri St add is that WKU will not be moving anytime soon. So MAC is in the hunt for at least one more.

MWC is not stable. There are still rumblings that PAC2 are going to take some of the MWC teams and reform the PAC. That could take some time though.

Believe ‘92 said here there have been confirmed discussions with MWC, and that we were pretty close/towards the top of the list for an invite.

If ML and company think the MWC door is about to open as the G5 separates from P4, then perhaps that is where they’ve placed their bets. If MWC is not an option, then we should be pushing hard to be #14 in the MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Matt Zimmer is a journalist in the loosest of terms. SDSU Fanboy or Twitter Troll is more appropriate for he and his boy Zach "Ice" Borg. SD media is absolutely laughable.
    Really strange when he is now working for the Forum; you'd think he'd see the writing on the wall. I suppose they will figure it out eventually when the FCS train crashes into the station.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    SDSU's TV market isn't Brookings, it eastern SD as well as SW MN.
    Opponents can fly into Brookings, the primary runway will handle an A320 or a 737
    I imagine SDSU is more attractive than we are to prospective conferences due to their performance other sports as well.
    Would be arrogant (and probably wrong) to believe we are more appealing.
    Yeah you clearly don't understand TV markets. Brookings Airport is the size of Jamestown. Fargo is getting a 200 million dollar upgrade and was ten times better before that. Claiming Sioux Falls as Brookings is like Grand Forks or Jamestown claiming Fargo

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yeah you clearly don't understand
    Quite a thread could be started with just this heading...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Big rosters cost big bucks.
    Solution?

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/st...17836597752149