Page 1357 of 1366 FirstFirst ... 35785712571307134713551356135713581359 ... LastLast
Results 13,561 to 13,570 of 13656

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    I'm just saying the best path in is to join MWC or MAC. We should be lobbying the hell out of them, and it does sound like those conversations have been happening.

If someday the doors actually lock, then sure, try whatever we have the funds and support to do. Threatening a lawsuit is easy, but wins you no friends. Actually winning a lawsuit is difficult and expensive. Your statement they all got what they wanted is a bit of a stretch. Liberty was stuck in independent status a very long time, and was losing millions upon millions of dollars buying home games until they finally got a conference invite. JMU didn't get considered for the NY6, and by a lot of metrics should have been in. And nobody else in recent history has been able to join FBS outside a conference invite. It's a last resort path, and not one that has any level of certainty.
    MWC is about to add WSU and OSU to get to 14. MAC just added UMass for 13. Neither of those need or want us. That's a fact, unfortunate as it is.
    Liberty has made a bowl game every year they've been eligible. Not possible to say they were locked out. All the G5s lose millions and millions of dollars, but that's a different thread.
    Again, no lawsuits necessary. NCAA knows they're a walking anti-trust violation and has repeatedly caved rather than risk an even worse court ruling.
    My point is the risk of a lockout is zero. It simply won't happen because it's illegal. Also that none of the G5s are interested in us, so our best chance is to do what we've done in the past and make our own way. If you're pro FBS like me, this is the path you should be pushing for, because it's the only realistic one.

Story today about a possible settlement.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Is there a path through pairing with SDSU and leveraging our mutual successful histories?
    13 championship game appearances in the past 13 seasons. (11 championships)
    I cannot understand why a conference would not want us? Sure it's threat to the conference bottom feeders, but winners in life don't view things in that way.
    This should be an easy sell. I don't get it.
    Fargo has a TV market, Brookings does not. Fargo has a Commercial Airport, Brookings Does Not, Neither of them are making Fargo any more attractive it appears than Brookings and yes Fargo has a greater Value than Brookings, just not enough People it appears.

we will see but I have lost all hope on anything, going to ride off into the sunset watching the NCC 2.0 i guess, or just hanging it up all together at the prices they are charging for the crap we get to watch.. pretty sad when I can go to Boulder for $96 and pay $50 to watch GF U in in Fargo
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    MWC is about to add WSU and OSU to get to 14. MAC just added UMass for 13. Neither of those need or want us. That's a fact, unfortunate as it is.
    Liberty has made a bowl game every year they've been eligible. Not possible to say they were locked out. All the G5s lose millions and millions of dollars, but that's a different thread.
    Again, no lawsuits necessary. NCAA knows they're a walking anti-trust violation and has repeatedly caved rather than risk an even worse court ruling.
    My point is the risk of a lockout is zero. It simply won't happen because it's illegal. Also that none of the G5s are interested in us, so our best chance is to do what we've done in the past and make our own way. If you're pro FBS like me, this is the path you should be pushing for, because it's the only realistic one.
    I dont see a Future of the MWC as it sits.

Boise
    WAzzu
    Oregon St
    Nevada
    SDSU
    SJSU
    CO St
    UNLV
    AIR FORCE
    UTAH ST
    FResno ST

would probably not be too scared to shit away Wyo, NM and Hawaii to get OSU and WAZZU, pretty much re-brand the PAC

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Story today about a possible settlement.
    Well that was certainly informative.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Fargo has a TV market, Brookings does not. Fargo has a Commercial Airport, Brookings Does Not, Neither of them are making Fargo any more attractive it appears than Brookings and yes Fargo has a greater Value than Brookings, just not enough People it appears.

we will see but I have lost all hope on anything, going to ride off into the sunset watching the NCC 2.0 i guess, or just hanging it up all together at the prices they are charging for the crap we get to watch.. pretty sad when I can go to Boulder for $96 and pay $50 to watch GF U in in Fargo
    SDSU's TV market isn't Brookings, it eastern SD as well as SW MN.
    Opponents can fly into Brookings, the primary runway will handle an A320 or a 737
    I imagine SDSU is more attractive than we are to prospective conferences due to their performance other sports as well.
    Would be arrogant (and probably wrong) to believe we are more appealing.

Opponents can fly into Brookings, the primary runway will handle an A320 or a 737
    I imagine SDSU is more attractive than we are to prospective conferences due to their performance other sports as well.
    ^ look at this clown pretending to be a Bison fan
    lol

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    ^ look at this clown pretending to be a Bison fan
    lol
    Just pointing out reality, sunshine.

lol..ok

if you think anyone is looking at Fucking Brooking SD over Fargo for ease of travel and Eyeballs on TV you are totally ignorant or delusional

i can't even imagine you believe a word you said

Just pointing out reality, sunshine.
    but ....its not there sunshine