Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal - 2024

Hybrid View

Default Re: Transfer Portal - 2024

Dave needed to adapt or die at this point, so I am excited about who we have added and I want to be optimistic but I was burned pretty bad last year.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Let's be honest. As long as Richman is the coach, getting excited for Bison basketball is going to be tough no matter who they get. New year, new players, new excitements, and what have you, year in and year out.

I am absolutely not trying to change your mind. Clearly some of you are hurt! LOL. Love the passion.

Here is my point. Now, when you suck (and we did), we have the opportunity to change things quickly. Flipping a roster and being able to get "older" in a hurry is fun and a perk of this new world. I would rather only suck for one season and not several. As an optimist, I get excited for what could be. Other teams have been gutted. League is down.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

“We’ll be fine. Everyone else sucks” sums up where this program is at right now pretty well.

I like the Moni and Watkins additions. I doubt we see a Moni type transfer every year though. The other guys seem very very meh to me.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    “We’ll be fine. Everyone else sucks” sums up where this program is at right now pretty well.
    That sums up the Summit League and the current state of low major D1 basketball right now with the Transfer portal, not just NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    That sums up the Summit League and the current state of low major D1 basketball right now with the Transfer portal, not just NDSU.
    Yeah, there is nothing like going into every offseason wondering if anyone from the team will be here next year. Not sure what the fix is but this can't go on forever.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Yeah, there is nothing like going into every offseason wondering if anyone from the team will be here next year. Not sure what the fix is but this can't go on forever.
    It’s not just a summit league or ndsu problem it’s how college sports are I think as more of these kids get burned it will slow
    By burned I’m speaking of the cam hunter type deal where they actually end up out of d1
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    This would fit nicely on our warm-up shirts.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

We aren't done adding. Excited about this one. But, I still get excited about hoops! LOL.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.