Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: NDSU retirements

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU retirements

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    100% agree. The college experience challenges you to explore and discover your personal belief system and there aren't too many other places in our society that allow that to happen the way that it does on a college campus.
    You also realize your belief system may have been formed with very little context or diversity of thought. This is not a political example, but my fraternity had members from the smallest towns in North Dakota and from the urban center on Minneapolis. Their lives before NDSU was very different. I loved guys from the Cities going to help pull calves. They may never get that opportunity again. We are not alike than different, but ignoring and not respecting those differences in an issue with many conflicts in this country.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    You also realize your belief system may have been formed with very little context or diversity of thought. This is not a political example, but my fraternity had members from the smallest towns in North Dakota and from the urban center on Minneapolis. Their lives before NDSU was very different. I loved guys from the Cities going to help pull calves. They may never get that opportunity again. We are not alike than different, but ignoring and not respecting those differences in an issue with many conflicts in this country.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Great point! College really is a very unique environment that provides opportunities that most would likely never have without attending.

LefseBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Great point! College really is a very unique environment that provides opportunities that most would likely never have without attending.
    Like that situation a few decades back where a current Bisonville poster was naked in his girlfriend's dorm and got locked out of her room, and could not remember which door was her's so, in desperation, he hightailed it (literally) and ran outside buck-naked through campus to his residence. That would have NEVER happened if the student had not gone to a 4-year college.