Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Eli Green --> Transfer Portal

Default Re: Eli Green --> Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The whole part of this that bugs me is if Eli Green really wanted to transfer he would've done it during the first window and gotten spring ball in at his new school. The fact that he didn't go until the 2nd transfer window means circumstances changed or someone got in his ear. Roehl didn't announce he was leaving until after the first transfer portal windows closed IIRC so maybe that's the circumstances that changed for Eli and this was his decision.

If Roehl or someone at Iowa St at Roehl's direction got in Eli's ear nudging him into hit the portal I'd have a big problem with that. If Eli hit the portal and then Roehl and Iowa St reached out it's pretty tough to be pissed about that.
    Are you ever going to know for sure?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Are you ever going to know for sure?
    Nope

ten char

will be interesting to follow his health and how much he plays. Tough deal.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Don't hate the player hate the game bro.

Hope TR is successful and that he's our HC after Polasek takes over at Oklahoma in a few years.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

In my opinion anyone who starts or gets significant time on the field at NDSU and then enters the transfer portal is an ungrateful and spoiled person who is essentially a traitor to his or her teammates (exception given for grad transfers). I wish them no success wherever they go. No longer a Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    In my opinion anyone who starts or gets significant time on the field at NDSU and then enters the transfer portal is an ungrateful and spoiled person who is essentially a traitor to his or her teammates (exception given for grad transfers). I wish them no success wherever they go. No longer a Bison.
    Do you feel the same if someone leaves a job for a better paying job?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    - Why the exception for grad transfers in your opinion?
    - What's your thoughts on athletes that transfer TO NDSU? ungrateful, spoiled, traitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Do you feel the same if someone leaves a job for a better paying job?
    I know with your limited comprehension you might not understand, but they are not doing a job, they are college students playing a game.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    - Why the exception for grad transfers in your opinion?
    - What's your thoughts on athletes that transfer TO NDSU? ungrateful, spoiled, traitor?
    Grad transfers have finished a minimum commitment and may need to go to another place of higher education to get their graduate degrees.As for those who transfer to NDSU I question their motives and have concerns. Should only be considered on a case by case basis

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    RIIIIIIGHT.... He should not do the best for HIS job and HIS team because his old team may want him back some day...
    He should. I'm sorry I wasn't clear, that's my fault. Professor Chaos lays out 2 scenarios in post 159 that describe it better than I could. One scenario has Roehl doing his best job for his current employer while also not actively tearing down his former. The other... not so much. I'm impressed that you can be completely sanguine about that (were 2nd scenario actually true, which I'll never know). I was thinking Roehl had the goal to be NDSU HC someday. Maybe that's changed and maybe it hasn't, I don't know. His 'old team' here also happens to be his alma mater and the bulk of his coaching experience to date.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk