Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison vs Buffaloes 2024

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison vs Buffaloes 2024

Ticket to the game is confirmed, count me in! Flying solo for this one. And by flying solo I mean another 2 week long road trip there and back with plenty of biking, hiking and camping along the way.....and dad is sitting this one out too. Always open to suggestions from some of you on things to do and see, here's what I have in mind so far.

Going west to start, spending some time south of Medora and riding the Maah Daah Hey trail. Never been on this trail before so looking forward to checking that off my bucket list.

Continuing on through Wyoming, stopping to visit some friends in Gillette but planning on finding a place to camp in south Wyoming as I'm heading towards CO.

Rocky Mountain National Park, never been there and it's a stones throw from Boulder. Spending 2-3 days in the area. If you've ever been there I'm open to thoughts on which trails to hike and things to see.

Moving the game to Thursday works for me, because after that I'm heading west towards Moab, UT. Wasn't able to spend a lot of time there on my way to the AZ game in '22. Gonna find a little dirt to drive through and some biking/hiking trails as well.

Zion National Park, another bucket list item. Not sure I have the balls to hike Angel's Landing. Have you ever done it?

Then it's time to start heading back home to ND. Probably going north through Utah and Salt Lake City for a day or two and then through Montana en route to home. Ever since I bought my Jeep and my rooftop tent, and discovered dispersed camping off grid, I wouldn't travel to Bison games any other way now. So much fun!

Enjoy your summer! And Go Bison!
    Last edited by 17>1; 05-10-2024 at 07:35 PM.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Damn missed the email

Quote Originally Posted by 17>1 View Post
    Ticket to the game is confirmed, count me in! Flying solo for this one. And by flying solo I mean another 2 week long road trip there and back with plenty of biking, hiking and camping along the way.....and dad is sitting this one out too. Always open to suggestions from some of you on things to do and see, here's what I have in mind so far.

Going west to start, spending some time south of Medora and riding the Maah Daah Hey trail. Never been on this trail before so looking forward to checking that off my bucket list.

Continuing on through Wyoming, stopping to visit some friends in Gillette but planning on finding a place to camp in south Wyoming as I'm heading towards CO.

Rocky Mountain National Park, never been there and it's a stones throw from Boulder. Spending 2-3 days in the area. If you've ever been there I'm open to thoughts on which trails to hike and things to see.

Moving the game to Thursday works for me, because after that I'm heading west towards Moab, UT. Wasn't able to spend a lot of time there on my way to the AZ game in '22. Gonna find a little dirt to drive through and some biking/hiking trails as well.

Zion National Park, another bucket list item. Not sure I have the balls to hike Angel's Landing. Have you ever done it?

Then it's time to start heading back home to ND. Probably going north through Utah and Salt Lake City for a day or two and then through Montana en route to home. Ever since I bought my Jeep and my rooftop tent, and discovered dispersed camping off grid, I wouldn't travel to Bison games any other way now. So much fun!

Enjoy your summer! And Go Bison!
    The wife and I made halfways up Angel's Landing said screw this. It was super busy and both of us are not the best with heights. Zion is beautiful, I wished we spent a few more days there then we did.
    COACH BOHL: We have a great, rich tradition at North Dakota State. The school has won eight National Championships in football. And so we've got a lot of pride, not only with these guys ‑‑ and D.J. alluded to it ‑‑ Bison pride. That goes all the way back to the '60s, I believe 1965.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SportsLover View Post
    The wife and I made halfways up Angel's Landing said screw this. It was super busy and both of us are not the best with heights. Zion is beautiful, I wished we spent a few more days there then we did.
    I'm curious how long ago this was. They've recently implemented a reservation process/program for hiking this trail and maybe some others as well and would hopefully allow it to be a little less busy. However, it still leaves the heights part and that's where I'm not sure I'm able to finish the thing without getting into my head too much. Still plenty of amazing things to see and do there so I'll make that Angel's Landing decision down the road.

On another note, with people requesting tickets from the allotment, are you required to purchase those tickets after you've been selected to receive them? Someone from my work was saying she got approved for 6 tickets but she put her request in when the game was still scheduled on Saturday, prior to the game being moved to Thursday. She's not able to go now and neither are the people in her group she requested additional tickets for. Doesn't directly affect me but I was just curious as I've never been granted tickets through an allotment.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

I'm curious how long ago this was. They've recently implemented a reservation process/program for hiking this trail and maybe some others as well and would hopefully allow it to be a little less busy. However, it still leaves the heights part and that's where I'm not sure I'm able to finish the thing without getting into my head too much. Still plenty of amazing things to see and do there so I'll make that Angel's Landing decision down the road.

On another note, with people requesting tickets from the allotment, are you required to purchase those tickets after you've been selected to receive them? Someone from my work was saying she got approved for 6 tickets but she put her request in when the game was still scheduled on Saturday, prior to the game being moved to Thursday. She's not able to go now and neither are the people in her group she requested additional tickets for. Doesn't directly affect me but I was just curious as I've never been granted tickets through an allotment.
    I'm guessing if she chooses not to pay for them, the tickets revert back to NDSU.

I'm pretty sure Larsen will then try to sell those 6 tickets on Facebook with Lakes pimping them to help fund our path to FBS.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

They need to contact the ticket office and explain the change of plans so they can free up the tickets.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

The way I read the email about being selected for the tickets is that the NDSU Athletic Department expects you to honor you commitment and buy the tickets. I don't think they have a problem with you then selling them on the ticket exchange but they expect you to buy them.

The way I understand this expectation is they will note that you didn't follow through with the purchase and it will affect your ability to purchase tickets in a future offering.

I highly recommend she completes the purchase and then sells them on the NDSU Ticket Exchange site.

Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats View Post
    The way I read the email about being selected for the tickets is that the NDSU Athletic Department expects you to honor you commitment and buy the tickets. I don't think they have a problem with you then selling them on the ticket exchange but they expect you to buy them.

The way I understand this expectation is they will note that you didn't follow through with the purchase and it will affect your ability to purchase tickets in a future offering.

I highly recommend she completes the purchase and then sells them on the NDSU Ticket Exchange site.
    pretty sure it clearly states when you apply all unpaid for tickets will delete from your account and you will lose any future shot at Priority tickets..

if you put in, pay pretty simple
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

If she needs a buyer, pm me. Some in our group were denied.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I'm guessing if she chooses not to pay for them, the tickets revert back to NDSU.

I'm pretty sure Larsen will then try to sell those 6 tickets on Facebook with Lakes pimping them to help fund our path to FBS.
    Yep but if you go that route it might effect their ability to purchase tickets in the future.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."