Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal - 2024

Default Re: Transfer Portal - 2024

I am not asking for any positivity around here, lol. I do think we are better....in a league where most teams got worse.

We lost a stud. He was a horse for a month. I think Jackson Moni is going to be a terrific, but different player than Morgan was. But, the other departures were not playing or helping. It certainly appears that we have added some contributors. Depth is critical.

The kid today, I am simply hoping for a fresh start for him. Face it, last year the team wasn't clicking. Not on the same page. We needed a large change.

**Great point on losing Howard. I did forget about that. i had high expectations for him, and when his coach left NW Missouri State, I was worried. It was pretty obvious he was going to Drake immediately. That one hurt. Agreed.

Looking for a fresh start on the men's team this year. JMO.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Dave needed to adapt or die at this point, so I am excited about who we have added and I want to be optimistic but I was burned pretty bad last year.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Let's be honest. As long as Richman is the coach, getting excited for Bison basketball is going to be tough no matter who they get. New year, new players, new excitements, and what have you, year in and year out.

I am absolutely not trying to change your mind. Clearly some of you are hurt! LOL. Love the passion.

Here is my point. Now, when you suck (and we did), we have the opportunity to change things quickly. Flipping a roster and being able to get "older" in a hurry is fun and a perk of this new world. I would rather only suck for one season and not several. As an optimist, I get excited for what could be. Other teams have been gutted. League is down.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

“We’ll be fine. Everyone else sucks” sums up where this program is at right now pretty well.

I like the Moni and Watkins additions. I doubt we see a Moni type transfer every year though. The other guys seem very very meh to me.

Strommer10 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    “We’ll be fine. Everyone else sucks” sums up where this program is at right now pretty well.
    That sums up the Summit League and the current state of low major D1 basketball right now with the Transfer portal, not just NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    This would fit nicely on our warm-up shirts.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

We aren't done adding. Excited about this one. But, I still get excited about hoops! LOL.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    We aren't done adding. Excited about this one. But, I still get excited about hoops! LOL.
    Saw a Bison Report tweet about a signee as well, very interested to see who it is. I thought we were full but apparently Bradley must still be a walk-on.