Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast

Thread: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    I will NEVER buy season tickets with an outdoor facility, but maybe that's just me?
    DAMMIT!!! there goes that idea!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Can't find a better...........

Venue.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Fargodome looks towards 2025 budget
    https://www.inforum.com/news/fargo/f...ds-2025-budget

The survey is still not complete but they want more events in 2025 after a slow 2024. They are looking for ideas

How about try doing more outdoor events? People want to be outdoors in the summer. It doesn't even have to be expensive national bands.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

LefseBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Fargodome looks towards 2025 budget
    https://www.inforum.com/news/fargo/f...ds-2025-budget

The survey is still not complete but they want more events in 2025 after a slow 2024. They are looking for ideas

How about try doing more outdoor events? People want to be outdoors in the summer. It doesn't even have to be expensive national bands.
    What is the mechanism for letting the FARGODOME your ideas? Just write to Rob S.? I see that they will probably just break even next year? I was able to see that much before I was booted out.

I can say this until I am blue in the face but we need a convention center, and we need a FARGODOME upgrade.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LefseBison View Post
    What is the mechanism for letting the FARGODOME your ideas? Just write to Rob S.? I see that they will probably just break even next year? I was able to see that much before I was booted out.

I can say this until I am blue in the face but we need a convention center, and we need a FARGODOME upgrade.
    True, but the darn thing didn't pass.

If they hold separate votes on each item, maybe we have a chance.
    Fargodome desperately needs updates.

Quote Originally Posted by LefseBison View Post

rsobolik@fargodome.com

I haven't read it very closely yet and there is a 50 page document too.

Predicting this stuff is a crap shoot but more events obviously means more revenue

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I read is closer and to me it's kind of a pointless article. You can budget for whatever you like, but if the concerts or shows aren't booked, it doesnt matter.

If they set the budget and a major show happens later, it's going to happen and the dome will benefit. If the Bison get 3 unbudgeted playoff games, it's going to happen

As far as rate increases, I don't really care because without events, nobody is going to show up

If Live Nation doesn't want anything to do with us than find other promoters. Create your own events.

If the Street Fair can draw 100-150k people over 3 days, the dome can help organize something just as big and make money off of parking

Utilize what the community has. We have 4 cool breweries (Drekker, Fargo Brewing, Junkyard, Swing Barrel), a winery (Bear Creek), a cidery (wild terra), a meadery (Prairie Rose) and a distillary (Proof).

We got a concert promoter in Jade Presents, Folkways (Red River Market & Night Bazaar), incredible park district organizers, 3 comedy clubs, a dozen smaller music clubs with unlimited bands, multiple convention promoters (CoreCon, Valley Con, Fargo Pop Expo, ComiCon), 3 colleges with arts and music departments, organizers of parades, art museums, FMCT, Performing Arts groups, Hjemkomst Center, car show and cruise night organizers. We got a blues festival, performing skateboard groups, 2 pro wrestling groups, food truck festivals, an arts & crafts community, an air museum, 3 sports teams that draw really well, and hundreds of creative businesses that put on events. Those are just a few things that pop into my brain. Then on top of it the FM Convention and Visitors Bureau would bend over backwards to promote it

Imagine if we leveraged all these groups to create outdoor events. Get them all in a room and say the goal is to get 10k people a day and it draws 20k

On top of it, the Fargodome is right next to other outdoor facilities that can work together like Dacotah Field, Newman Outdoor Field or Thareldson Field. If it rains, we can move it indoors or to the SHAC. We could do whatever we imagine.

LefseBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I read is closer and to me it's kind of a pointless article. You can budget for whatever you like, but if the concerts or shows aren't booked, it doesnt matter.

If they set the budget and a major show happens later, it's going to happen and the dome will benefit. If the Bison get 3 unbudgeted playoff games, it's going to happen

As far as rate increases, I don't really care because without events, nobody is going to show up

If Live Nation doesn't want anything to do with us than find other promoters. Create your own events.

If the Street Fair can draw 100-150k people over 3 days, the dome can help organize something just as big and make money off of parking

Utilize what the community has. We have 4 cool breweries (Drekker, Fargo Brewing, Junkyard, Swing Barrel), a winery (Bear Creek), a cidery (wild terra), a meadery (Prairie Rose) and a distillary (Proof).

We got a concert promoter in Jade Presents, Folkways (Red River Market & Night Bazaar), incredible park district organizers, 3 comedy clubs, a dozen smaller music clubs with unlimited bands, multiple convention promoters (CoreCon, Valley Con, Fargo Pop Expo, ComiCon), 3 colleges with arts and music departments, organizers of parades, art museums, FMCT, Performing Arts groups, Hjemkomst Center, car show and cruise night organizers. We got a blues festival, performing skateboard groups, 2 pro wrestling groups, food truck festivals, an arts & crafts community, an air museum, 3 sports teams that draw really well, and hundreds of creative businesses that put on events. Those are just a few things that pop into my brain. Then on top of it the FM Convention and Visitors Bureau would bend over backwards to promote it

Imagine if we leveraged all these groups to create outdoor events. Get them all in a room and say the goal is to get 10k people a day and it draws 20k

On top of it, the Fargodome is right next to other outdoor facilities that can work together like Dacotah Field, Newman Outdoor Field or Thareldson Field. If it rains, we can move it indoors or to the SHAC. We could do whatever we imagine.
    You know Rob Sobolik's email address. Send your post to him. If you don't, I will take ideas from your post, reword it, and send it to Rob.

HerdBot, you need to be in an ambassador/booster type job if you aren't already.

That's kind of like saying if you don't like what the NCAA is doing, join the NAIA.

Government sues Ticketmaster owner and asks court to break up company’s monopoly on live events
    https://apnews.com/article/justice-d...13e3cd625787a8

It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    That's kind of like saying if you don't like what the NCAA is doing, join the NAIA.

Government sues Ticketmaster owner and asks court to break up company’s monopoly on live events
    https://apnews.com/article/justice-d...13e3cd625787a8
    Hopefully , Ticketbastard takes it in the same place it's been giving it to ticket buyers for the last fifteen year.