Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast

Thread: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    In 2023 the average Pearl Jam concert attendance was 15,606. Maybe it's Fargo or politics, and not the venue?
    Can't find a better...........

Venue.

Lardsin must go!

In 2023 the average Pearl Jam concert attendance was 15,606. Maybe it's Fargo or politics, and not the venue?
    Pearl Jam may not be the best example but many shows are outdoors in the summer and we don't have a large outdoor venue. People don't want to be indoors May through September.

An artist like Taylor Swift is too big for the Fargodome now. Pearl Jam averaged 15k but they sold out most medium sized venues.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Say whaaaaaaattt? Smaller concourses? Then just how the fuck did we manage to squeeze 55,000 in there regularly? I want to see you coax 55,000 willing participants into the Fargodome concourses and have them pay $50/head for the privilege. You been taking trips over to Moorhead? Or to Scotties barn?

The baggie was dogshit compared to what is in its place. No argument there. But inferior to the Fargodome? In any possible way? Uhhh, no. Just..., no. Put down the crack pipe Homer.

* Disclaimer: I was behind home plate** in 1991 for game 6. That is the only bias I bring to the table.
    ** in the stands, not on the field. Don't be ridiculous.***
    *** I don't really have my own schtick so I need to appropriate from others. Thankfully, TAB has generously agreed to allow me to borrow the footnote. So far. I think. At least, I have not been served yet...
    They squeezed 55k people in concourses way narrower than the Fargodome because they had 2 levels of tiny concourses.

Did you ever go to a game there?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    They squeezed 55k people in concourses way narrower than the Fargodome because they had 2 levels of tiny concourses.

Did you ever go to a game there?

I was spat out of the baggie many times by the internal overpressure they kept it inflated. Was the game 6 ref completely lost on you?
    Don't believe everything you think.

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In fairness, doesn't that basically mean that there's twice the space?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I was spat out of the baggie many times by the internal overpressure they kept it inflated. Was the game 6 ref completely lost on you?
    Your memory obviously fades after 34 years. Concourses were for midgets

In fairness, doesn't that basically mean that there's twice the space?
    My main point is they were narrower than the Fargodome. Technically longer but a dramatically worse experience than the Fargodome. The Fargodome would be a great experience with added concourse space, 100 yards of west upper level suites, club seating and corner party decks. Plus double the bathrooms

Another point I missed is the Metrodome had an awful parking situation. We are lucky with the Fargodome

The Metrodome concourses were a great place to Rollerblade during the winter months.

533 In a row

Your memory obviously fades after 34 years. Concourses were for midgets
    34 years? I’m pretty certain I watched the demo off and on from our 47th floor office in Wells Fargo Center. That had to be between 2014 and 2018. That seems like 10 or less to me.

You thinking I did not go in the dome after the WS? That is a faulty assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The Metrodome concourses were a great place to Rollerblade during the winter months.
    It was indeed.