Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast

Thread: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Default Re: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    I will NEVER buy season tickets with an outdoor facility, but maybe that's just me?
    You can still have a heated indoor concourse with an outdoor stadium. With good design you can limit wind too. Also FBS season ends much earlier than the FCS

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

There would be cold November games but you also aren't going into a hanger on a perfect September day either, so there is a trade off. An early season game under the lights would also kick ass. The more I think about it the more I want it, go FBS and go outdoors. Screw the city, do it ourselves.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Leveling the dome is a bad idea. We couldn't even afford to do it if we wanted to. Plus it's paid off

Building a 2nd stadium is a tremendous idea whether it's outdoors or indoors

A dome remodel would be nothing like the SHAC. They spent a lot of money but 95% went towards the 100k SF addition to it like the weight room, administration offices, locker rooms, academic rooms, ticket office, etc. A chunk of it went into the ugly indoor track too. They added no capacity to the SHAC, no square footage and very little suite space. They didn't even build permanent stands

And you are correct capacity isnt the issue. It's amenities, most which would have been addressed with the last Fargodone expansion plan. 100 yards of club seating on the west side top. Corner party decks. Wider concourses. More bathrooms. Suites. Floor level restrooms and amenities. More food options. Tailgating plaza. It would have increased capacity too, just not in traditional seats

The economic impact of the Fargodome is insane. The only thing holding it back is NDSU Football taking up nearly 25% of all available Saturdays in a calendar year. A new stadium would free those up

The metrodome was paid off and it was leveled. It is a very flawed facility, if NDSU went outdoors the city should be a Sioux Falls type of arena. It doesn't really need a dome. Renovating it is a complete and total waste of money. Current stadium design is so far from where the dome is, it isn't just amenities, you have a tomb like facility that has zero natural light with all seating on the same level. It is outdated to its very core. Building it was a great decision and it has served its purpose but the future should be looking at a new facility. That said we don't do things right up here, so we'll slap some more lipstick on the pig just like the SHAC.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The metrodome was paid off and it was leveled. It is a very flawed facility, if NDSU went outdoors the city should be a Sioux Falls type of arena. It doesn't really need a dome. Renovating it is a complete and total waste of money. Current stadium design is so far from where the dome is, it isn't just amenities, you have a tomb like facility that has zero natural light with all seating on the same level. It is outdated to its very core. Building it was a great decision and it has served its purpose but the future should be looking at a new facility. That said we don't do things right up here, so we'll slap some more lipstick on the pig just like the SHAC.
    The Metrodome lost a ton of money every year so it was a blessing to put it out of its misery. Plus they had a over a billion in revenue to work with and it was actually a smaller building than the Fargodome by materiels. No roof. Smaller concourses than the Fargodome. The Fargodome is vastly superior to the K Mart quality and design of the metrodome.

The Fargodome is a profit machine and it generates more visitor spending than 18 out of the top 20 counties in North Dakota combined. You really think it would be smart to tear that down? What give USA Wrestling to another city? Were talking 7,000 wrestlers plus parents and coaches. They wont fit in a basketball sized arena

Quietly Scheels Arena has had 10 concerts this year while the Fargodome is trending for a surplus again and is booked with smaller events year round. Where are they going to go? In the new building? No you build a stadium similar to the one in Sioux Falls and have 3 great venues

Then NDSU can build an outdoor stadium someday

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    There would be cold November games but you also aren't going into a hanger on a perfect September day either, so there is a trade off. An early season game under the lights would also kick ass. The more I think about it the more I want it, go FBS and go outdoors. Screw the city, do it ourselves.
    Plus an outdoor stadium could host some massive shows, too big for the Fargodome. Trends seem to be going that way. Washington Griz stadium is hosting Pearl Jam this summer. I'm very jealous

There won’t be a new stadium in any of our lifetimes…anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot….

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    There won’t be a new stadium in any of our lifetimes…anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot….
    I’m planning on living a good long while yet…

Some college freshman on here has probably got 80 years of tread left.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

So, doubling down on “idiot”?

The Metrodome lost a ton of money every year so it was a blessing to put it out of its misery. Plus they had a over a billion in revenue to work with and it was actually a smaller building than the Fargodome by materiels. No roof. Smaller concourses than the Fargodome. The Fargodome is vastly superior to the K Mart quality and design of the metrodome.

The Fargodome is a profit machine and it generates more visitor spending than 18 out of the top 20 counties in North Dakota combined. You really think it would be smart to tear that down? What give USA Wrestling to another city? Were talking 7,000 wrestlers plus parents and coaches. They wont fit in a basketball sized arena

Quietly Scheels Arena has had 10 concerts this year while the Fargodome is trending for a surplus again and is booked with smaller events year round. Where are they going to go? In the new building? No you build a stadium similar to the one in Sioux Falls and have 3 great venues

Then NDSU can build an outdoor stadium someday
    Say whaaaaaaattt? Smaller concourses? Then just how the fuck did we manage to squeeze 55,000 in there regularly? I want to see you coax 55,000 willing participants into the Fargodome concourses and have them pay $50/head for the privilege. You been taking trips over to Moorhead? Or to Scotties barn?

The baggie was dogshit compared to what is in its place. No argument there. But inferior to the Fargodome? In any possible way? Uhhh, no. Just..., no. Put down the crack pipe Homer.

* Disclaimer: I was behind home plate** in 1991 for game 6. That is the only bias I bring to the table.
    ** in the stands, not on the field. Don't be ridiculous.***
    *** I don't really have my own schtick so I need to appropriate from others. Thankfully, TAB has generously agreed to allow me to borrow the footnote. So far. I think. At least, I have not been served yet...
    Don't believe everything you think.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Plus an outdoor stadium could host some massive shows, too big for the Fargodome. Trends seem to be going that way. Washington Griz stadium is hosting Pearl Jam this summer. I'm very jealous
    In 2023 the average Pearl Jam concert attendance was 15,606. Maybe it's Fargo or politics, and not the venue?