Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Hybrid View

Default Re: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

There would be cold November games but you also aren't going into a hanger on a perfect September day either, so there is a trade off. An early season game under the lights would also kick ass. The more I think about it the more I want it, go FBS and go outdoors. Screw the city, do it ourselves.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    There would be cold November games but you also aren't going into a hanger on a perfect September day either, so there is a trade off. An early season game under the lights would also kick ass. The more I think about it the more I want it, go FBS and go outdoors. Screw the city, do it ourselves.
    Plus an outdoor stadium could host some massive shows, too big for the Fargodome. Trends seem to be going that way. Washington Griz stadium is hosting Pearl Jam this summer. I'm very jealous

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

There won’t be a new stadium in any of our lifetimes…anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot….

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    There won’t be a new stadium in any of our lifetimes…anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot….
    I’m planning on living a good long while yet…

Some college freshman on here has probably got 80 years of tread left.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

So, doubling down on “idiot”?

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Plus an outdoor stadium could host some massive shows, too big for the Fargodome. Trends seem to be going that way. Washington Griz stadium is hosting Pearl Jam this summer. I'm very jealous
    In 2023 the average Pearl Jam concert attendance was 15,606. Maybe it's Fargo or politics, and not the venue?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    In 2023 the average Pearl Jam concert attendance was 15,606. Maybe it's Fargo or politics, and not the venue?
    Can't find a better...........

Venue.

Lardsin must go!

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Can't find a better...........

Venue.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Fargodome looks towards 2025 budget
    https://www.inforum.com/news/fargo/f...ds-2025-budget

The survey is still not complete but they want more events in 2025 after a slow 2024. They are looking for ideas

How about try doing more outdoor events? People want to be outdoors in the summer. It doesn't even have to be expensive national bands.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

LefseBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Fargodome looks towards 2025 budget
    https://www.inforum.com/news/fargo/f...ds-2025-budget

The survey is still not complete but they want more events in 2025 after a slow 2024. They are looking for ideas

How about try doing more outdoor events? People want to be outdoors in the summer. It doesn't even have to be expensive national bands.
    What is the mechanism for letting the FARGODOME your ideas? Just write to Rob S.? I see that they will probably just break even next year? I was able to see that much before I was booted out.

I can say this until I am blue in the face but we need a convention center, and we need a FARGODOME upgrade.