Page 1351 of 1364 FirstFirst ... 351851125113011341134913501351135213531361 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,510 of 13636

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    More proof that the quality of your football program means less and less when it comes to moving up. Missouri St provides a better area for recruiting prospective athletes and students, more eyeballs for TV, and a significantly higher enrollment than NDSU does.

Let's face it - NDSU just doesn't offer much to attract an FBS conference but I don't think NDSU has much interest in CUSA right now anyway.
    Yep, for most FBS conferences its all about markets and location. We've never been on CUSA's shortlist. They will add Tarleton and SFA before looking our way.

MWC is really a much better fit for us, and it sounds like there have been some active discussions. Just need the dominos to fall in a way that creates an opening.

North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    MO State going CUSA. Cool, Cool, Cool. Everything is fine here.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Not a team on that schedule that would excite me as a fan. Zero chance this is cost neutral for that department.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Not a team on that schedule that would excite me as a fan. Zero chance this is cost neutral for that department.
    Misery State has always positioned itself as a basketball school and the MVC has been pretty decent. Wichita State leaving hurt a bit, but they're in the running for more than 1 NCAA bid some years.

Is Larson on the phone asking about the basketball opening in the MVC?

Not a direct reply to your post, BTW.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Misery State has always positioned itself as a basketball school and the MVC has been pretty decent. Wichita State leaving hurt a bit, but they're in the running for more than 1 NCAA bid some years.

Is Larson on the phone asking about the basketball opening in the MVC?
    A league that is obsessed with bus trips and small private schools, good luck with that.

They will probably add UST now and the Summit will add the homeless dregs from the WAC since that league is now dead.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    A league that is obsessed with bus trips and small private schools, good luck with that.

They will probably add UST now and the Summit will add the homeless dregs from the WAC.
    I agree with both your points. My point is MVC > Summit for stability and funding basketball. I'll take any upward movement at this point, no matter how small.

Okay NDSU administration, the the f are you going to do? The house is on fire; REPEAT THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE. Do something or at least say something!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Can somebody do a welfare check on lakes please.

Lardsin must go!

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Kolpack making a plea for NDSU to finally move up to the FBS:

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...is-now-for-fbs

FCS is hanging in there with just a few football-serious programs capable of winning a national championship this coming fall: South Dakota State, NDSU, Montana and Montana State. By and large, the FCS is dominated by basketball schools playing football.

Yes, there's talk out there that the top FCS programs could join the Group of Five schools to form another D-I subdivision, but how long can you wait? It’s time for NDSU to take the plunge, anyway it can do it.
    Too little, too late in my opinion. This push from the local media should have happened 5 years ago.