Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison vs Buffaloes 2024

Default Re: Bison vs Buffaloes 2024

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    I'm a Deion fan. Truth is more important than feelings with him. He says it like it is. That level of frankness has fallen out of favor to make room for a softer, kinder society. We do not need softness or kindness on the gridiron.
    At work I frequently jokingly say "F___ your feelings" and those that know me, know I'm not joking, but I don't say it to be mean either. It's my way of saying I miss the days when we said what we were thinking.
    Being honest and having class are in no way mutually exclusive. Being a jackass doesn’t make one more honest lol

I would posit the opposite: the days of organizations choosing leaders who operate morally and ethically (and legally) have been pushed away in favor of leaders who behave crassly and toe the line constantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well gentlemen, I guess time will tell when we can judge Deion from his long term results. At the end of the day, that is still what matters at college level coaching.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Well gentlemen, I guess time will tell when we can judge Deion from his long term results. At the end of the day, that is still what matters at college level coaching.
    I’ve seen and heard enough of Deion over the past 35 years to know that the only way truth comes out of his mouth is if it benefits him more than lying or exaggerating does.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I’ve seen and heard enough of Deion over the past 35 years to know that the only way truth comes out of his mouth is if it benefits him more than lying or exaggerating does.
    And is there any surprise that some like that approach??

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    And is there any surprise that some like that approach??
    Not surprised that people like the approach, just surprised that people label it as “honesty” when it literally is the exact opposite.

Not surprised that people like the approach, just surprised that people label it as “honesty” when it literally is the exact opposite.
    Yeah that is a surprise and more than concerning imo.

He’s a bullshit artist, always has been. He’s very good at promoting Prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Yeah that is a surprise and more than concerning imo.

He’s a bullshit artist, always has been. He’s very good at promoting Prime.

Decon be bout truff n shit!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Maybe he'll prove me wrong but I've never gotten the notion that Deion is "all in" when it comes to coaching college football. When he was at Jackson St he was doing Barstool's NFL Sunday show as an analyst. I've known enough coaches to know that it's more than full time job a good chunk of the year and definitely during the season so you don't have time for side gigs and such. He can definitely recruit though and that'll go a long way I just don't see him being a highly successful college coach - he might be better suited for the NFL where the time commitments aren't as steep.

On a related note it's hard to find two head coaches more different than Deion Sanders and Tim Polasek. Deion was college football and NFL superstar and went straight from coaching high school into a D1 head coaching gig. Polasek played D3 and had to sleep in the Fargodome in order to make his first D1 coaching gig work as a GA at NDSU in 2006. Deion spent 3 years at Jackson St (one being the shortened COVID season) before being handed the reigns at Colorado. Polasek spent 18 years as an assistant between NDSU, NIU, Iowa, and Wyoming before getting his first crack at a D1 head coaching job. I think the teams, in general, reflect their head coach as well so it'll sure be fun to see how this game shakes out!

You arent wrong.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Read an article yesterday that claimed he has not been on one reciting trip since he got to Colorado.

I get he “doesn’t have to” but in my opinion that also leads to the kind of teams he has had going back to Jac St. me me me me me