Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: 2023 Round 3: Vengeance in Vermillion!

Default Re: 2023 Round 3: Vengeance in Vermillion!

Speaking of concussion there was an Oakland Raiders player got completely knocked out and went into a fencing pose. He got up a few seconds later, so not sure many even noticed other than a teammate that helped him up and did go to the sidelines but then he must have come in the next play because the NFL observers probably easily noted that he did not go through typical concussion protocol procedures and radioed down to get him out of the game to put him into protocol. I don't recall seeing him again but he was acting all babyish about being removed. I get these guys usually are ultra competitive but it was not a good look for the players in general. That sort of behavior has to stop to really get people to understand the severity of any brain injury.

Everyone should be on the lookout especially in HS when there are way fewer grownups to observe that stuff on the sidelines.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Speaking of concussion there was an Oakland Raiders player got completely knocked out and went into a fencing pose. He got up a few seconds later, so not sure many even noticed other than a teammate that helped him up and did go to the sidelines but then he must have come in the next play because the NFL observers probably easily noted that he did not go through typical concussion protocol procedures and radioed down to get him out of the game to put him into protocol. I don't recall seeing him again but he was acting all babyish about being removed. I get these guys usually are ultra competitive but it was not a good look for the players in general. That sort of behavior has to stop to really get people to understand the severity of any brain injury.

Everyone should be on the lookout especially in HS when there are way fewer grownups to observe that stuff on the sidelines.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Hayden Hurst recovering from post-traumatic amnesia after a concussion

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    Question here, does the NCAA not have a requirement for independent concussion testing protocol after visible possible concussion symptoms? Whoever gave Bouman back his helmet after Derritt piledrove him into the turf should be fired immediately. Bouman clearly exhibited signs of fencing response with his arms locked into the classic bent elbow position and couldn't walk properly after he got up. The kid shouldn't have been back in the game to take that second concussion that eventually took him out of the game.
    I am glad you mentioned this. I was wondering when I saw him and his arms. Irresponsible.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans